Ads disabled after combining two related hubs

1. charlesnuamah profile image85
    charlesnuamahposted 3 months ago

Hello Hubbers, I experienced something strange yesterday and would appreciate your feedback.

I submitted an article some months ago for consideration into one of the niche sites. The article has a related hub ( part-2) and one of the suggestions of the Editor who reviewed the article was to combine the two articles into one article.

I decided to combine the two articles yesterday and was surprised to see that Ads had been disabled on the article due to automatic content filters. This was quite strange since the two articles had Ads running on them when they were each standing alone. I never changed anything other than the title. All I did was combine the two articles.

The hub is under true crime so I understand that some terms can be misinterpreted by the filters but this is my first time experiencing something like this. I've had a related article with similar terms make its way to a niche site so maybe there is something I am missing. I have sent an email to the Hubpages team but would appreciate it if someone could review the article and point out any violations so I correct them. Below is a link to the article. Thank you.

https://hubpages.com/politics/Killers-C … -Evidences

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

If the ads were disabled by automatic filters, then the filters are reacting to "prohibited words".  When you combined the two articles, you probably had to rewrite some of the text to blend them together - it's possible you added a word that triggers the filters.

1. charlesnuamah profile image85
      charlesnuamahposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, Marisa Wright, for the response. I was able to finally locate what was triggering the filters. Looks like the word " murdered" got repeated many times when I combined both articles thereby triggering the filters. I used the word "killed" in place of "murdered" in some sentences and now the Ads are back.

working