jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Is Pinterest too big?

1. promisem profile image98
    promisemposted 5 months ago

I have been putting more effort into Pinterest to promote my Hubs and have been disappointed in the results. Yes, I'm getting more traffic, but not enough to make the effort worthwhile.

No doubt early adopters of Pinterest have done well, but I wonder if the site has become too big to make a difference with getting traffic to Hubs. What do you think?

1. sallybea profile image100
      sallybeaposted 5 months agoin reply to this

For me, Pinterest has been a real blessing. I love it from both a promotional tool and as a source for so many creative ideas.

1. promisem profile image98
        promisemposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Is the amount of effort you put into it worth the traffic you get?

2. Jesse Drzal profile image99
    Jesse Drzalposted 5 months ago

I know people in the cooking/recipe niche were saying they were doing very well there. Other subjects maybe not so much. It takes a massive effort there as far as finding followers..I gave up on it long ago. I have better social options.

1. Barbara Kay profile image90
      Barbara Kayposted 5 months agoin reply to this

I get a lot of traffic for craft hubs too. It seems to be that what works well are women's subjects.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 months ago

I'd never invest much effort into anything there. I pin some images because HP makes it easy to do so. I'm not going to invest any effort into text. It's too easy to do what I do with the place to not do that. There's not enough traffic sent my way to work any harder at it.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image97
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 months ago

I think the most important thing for success on Pinterest is having images on your hubs that others want to pin. It's not really as social as something like FaceBook.

I really don't interact very much there at all. I do have some boards that I pin things to. Based of the topics I post about, Pinterest suggests other pins for me. If I see one I like, I will pin it, but I am pretty picky.

I do use "Made For Pinerest" images as the first photo on most of my hubs, and I pin them when I publish them. From there I just leave them alone.

Some subjects that have done well there are crafts, pets, gardening, music, computer stuff, travel and motorcycles.

Pinterest is my best source of traffic after Google.

5. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 months ago

I never had much luck drawing any Hub traffic with Pinterest but I do get a kick out of using it to save pix of cool stuff. I have a whole bunch of "boards" full of pix of old comic book covers, rock n' roll records, and other junk. I don't even try using it as a promo tool anymore.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image97
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 months agoin reply to this

You have lots of cool album art and comic book art on your hubs. I'm surprised you don't get at least some repins of them. I hope you have all of your appropriate hubs pinned to one of your boards. There's really no point in doing more than that as far as promotion.

6. Jessica Dixon profile image74
    Jessica Dixonposted 5 months ago

Have you tried group pinterest.com boards? If you are approved to join one you get a ready made audience from that boards pinner and followers...

1. Jesse Drzal profile image99
      Jesse Drzalposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Is this a separate community within Pinterest? Like a Facebook group but on Pinterest?

2. promisem profile image98
      promisemposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm on a major one related to my main area of interest. It does give much more exposure, but the clicks still aren't enough to justify the time I put into the postings.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image99
        Jesse Drzalposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for the info.

7. Jodah profile image90
    Jodahposted 5 months ago

I get almost as much traffic from Pinterest as I do from Google. A handful of my articles get the majority of traffic from there. The main image and the subject matter is the big factor in getting traffic from there though.

working