jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I would love some feedback on my article.

1. Blogging Momma profile image83
    Blogging Mommaposted 3 months ago

I am very new at this and would really like some feedback. Don't worry about being all nicey, nice. I have thick skin and I value honesty!

https://hubpages.com/health/The-Fidget- … -Grapevine

2. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 3 months ago

Hi Kay

This reads like a blog and what HP is looking for is magazine-style articles with unique and useful content.

There are some writing issues:

Who should use fidget spinners? (That's a repeat of the subhead and redundant) It was (They were) originally designed (as) a therapeutic device for children with ADHD. It works to help keep the hands busy and guiding (guide) focus.

Images must be from creative commons/public domain sources and must be credited.

Hope that helps a bit.

3. Blogging Momma profile image83
    Blogging Mommaposted 3 months ago

Fabulous!  Thank you!  I will get to editing as soon as i can.

4. firstcookbooklady profile image84
    firstcookbookladyposted 3 months ago

Of course, I have many questions. What is the purpose of a fidget spinner? Why would it be a good idea to give an unsupervised kid something that they can get a dumb idea about and hurt themselves. As far as the lead in some; how can you be sure that the particular spinner that you own, isn't something that will injure your child. Remember the children of Flint. Why is it surprising that a kid will put a gear in their mouth? Adults put dumb stuff in their mouths as well. Why wouldn't an adult be around to supervise and moderate use of the toy. Don't they know their kid well enough to know that their autistic mind is going a thousand miles an hour... Why would a kid shove something like that up their butt? Maybe I don't want to know. Perhaps different toys would be in order. As far as millions of objects spinning and affecting the center of gravity, did anyone worry about the old gyroscopes when we had them in the 60's? Or how about those wheelies that rode up and down the metal posts? Or, the whip cars that had the wheel in them...

1. Blogging Momma profile image83
      Blogging Mommaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

A fidget spinner is a hand held spinning device to keep the hands and minds occupied. Many children with autism and adhd have so much going on in their minds at once its hard to keep everything straight, they also have a problem with 'stimming' and this is to be used as a tool to help with both issues.
      Most spinners are solid and cannot be taken apart as they are fitted together with heating and cooling for a perfect fit. Although, there are now many more on the market that are made as toys to be taken apart so people can change the colors of the pieces. These ones should not be given to small or special needs children.
      There are rumors associated with every fad but in this case it is hurting the product as it was intended to be used.

5. Tim Truzy info4u profile image86
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 2 months ago

I found your post enjoyable. I am curious about:
    Could you expand on what exactly autism is? Many people are confused about the disability.
    Cite some sources for your comments. I learned something very important which I am doing with Hub Pages - research means search and search again - then provide the data in a precise and concise manner.
    Edit and revise - Perhaps, you might want to make your points sharper. Keep the intensity with powerful crisp sentences.
    In spite of everything I just wrote, writing is a subjective exercise. Please, keep writing. I think you will be superb at this, just like I will when I master it!

working