jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: 10 Popular and Forgotten Web Browsers

1. Bills Place profile image82
    Bills Placeposted 2 months ago

I haven't been very active on here in a while, and wanting to start back. I noticed this hub has been unfeatured due to 'quality'. This used to be my top viewed article, so I am asking for feedback to find out what may have changed at HubPages since I was last active so I can correct it, and the rest of my articles.

https://hubpages.com/technology/10-Popu … b-Browsers

2. Bills Place profile image82
    Bills Placeposted 2 months ago

Okay, so I updated the article today after basically rewriting the entire thing to ensure information is still accurate and up to date. Originally, it was 890 words, and the updated version is over 1,800 words. It has several images and a poll.

I proofread it, used the spell check tool, and the only thing it don't have is a video capsule, which most of my featured articles do not have. So, I cannot figure out why it still shows poor quality?

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi Billy,

I love articles like this - probably because I'm old and have been using the internet since the mid 90s.

The introduction needs work. There's no need for the comparison between gaming consoles and browsers. Tell us more about browsers. Some people (even here at HP) don't know what a browser is or does. It's your chance to grab your reader's attention so get them with "Remember AOL? Remember Netscape? Well if you do you might recall some of these other ancient web browsers too.....

Okay, so I started reading the first section about AOL, and even though I remember it well, you already lost me at 'Trident engine's layout'. To me, Trident is a nuclear sub, so I have idea what you are referring to. So... if you want me to keep reading, you have to write in plain, mostly jargon-free, English. I would have liked to read about the actual experience of using these browsers, not their technical info. Perhaps that's just me... I want to be reminded of clunky old Netscape, and the moans of AOL users who seemed to live behind a curtain big_smile

Remove the Amazon product 'Google Sites and Chrome for Dummies' - it has no bearing on what you are writing about. If the book is not linked to, or referred to in the text, it shouldn't be there. Ditto, the other books. Same with the T-shirt - your hub is about web browsers, not T-shirts. I know you think the products are related, but they aren't.

Hope you get it passed soon.

1. Bills Place profile image82
        Bills Placeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply. So basically, rewrite it again with a different, less technical focus?

Do you think it would be beneficial to update the intro, then write a less technical one and linkback to this one?

working