I'd like feedback on my article: Islamic prophecy dreams

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Misraim Rvalencia profile image59
    Misraim Rvalenciaposted 5 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Islamic prophecy dreams (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hello,

What is your purpose in writing at HubPages?

The reason why I asked that question is because your goal in writing here is important.

If you are here to earn, then your articles need to attract traffic. Thus, it needs a search-friendly title.

If you are here to express your religious views (and there's nothing wrong with that), you might have problems because Hubpages is looking for magazine-style articles with a broad appeal.

Your articles need to be structured with an introduction that tells the reader what the article is about and your reason for writing it.

You might spend sometime in the Learning Center to find out more: https://hubpageshelp.com/

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
          DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I also believe that HP does not want to promote hate speech.

Is there hate speech in it?

...reading

Oh yeah...I didn't get through it all the first time.

No, that's never going to work here.

2. Bills Place profile image85
          Bills Placeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Religion is often a touchy subject, like with politics because it is easy to be biased in the writing, and can easily cause conflict. For this reason, I personally avoid writing about either topic (politics or religion) here.

However, far as attracting traffic and having a broad appeal, I think both politics and religion fit.

For instance, Islam is the second most popular religion in the world with 1.3 billion people (Christianity being 2.1 billion). If done right, it could bring a bunch of traffic. Again, the challenge I foresee is the conflicts between opinions, and beliefs.

Have you read it?

What you say is correct, however, this is not a general article about Islam. It's the personal dreams of the writer as far as I can tell. With a call to rise up and go to war. It is not the kind of thing that will be approved.

1. Bills Place profile image85
              Bills Placeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nope, my eyes seen the layout and screamed don't do it. lol

2. profile image0
      Ivan Hernandezposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Let me respond to you in a different way. Allah Abdur Abkar. I don't know any of your muslim ways, but I do understand that Arabic is your first language. Here's a dose of reality. You can share Muslim customs as long as you post Exceptionally high-quality, non-threatening and no-nonsense content. I'll hand it over to you, hubbers.

3. Mary Florence profile image68
      Mary Florenceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I know for a fact that an article can survive without capsules because I have written such hubs and they were featured. The Hubscores were naturally low until the day I understood how to use capsules. Capsules will enhance your article's appearance. It will also be easier to read.

I however doubt if an article can be featured if it lacks subtitles. It doesn't have hyphens. No bullets. Just one long prose.

I think what your article lacks is structure. And if hubpages has an issue with the content, you will be notified when you try to submit it because they will have to let you know that they cannot place ads  on that particular article because it does not adhere to set standards and guidelines...

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Break it up into several capsules rather than one long one.  Insert some high quality photos.  Use the guide at the top of the edit screen as to what produces the best results (photos, charts, etc.) and get it filled in as much as possible.

1. profile image0

A high-quality article needs at least 1500 words, clear and concise subtitles, APA Title Case to be exact, at least 3 high-quality photos, and a combination of tables, quizzes or videos. There has to be at least two of those. Then the article will be featured.

Ivan, just well-written text and the appropriate number of images is fine. Many topics don't require all the bells and whistles. Some only need one image. I rarely add videos and polls, and I've never added a quiz.

Only use those things if the content supports them. Otherwise, leave them out.

2. Kayla DeSherlia profile image60
        Kayla DeSherliaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@Ivan Hernandez. I agree, when I published my first hub, I followed the tutorial creator to create a good hub. You have more chances of having a featured if you follow the guidelines that are provided, which you stated, especially if it is your first hub.

3. Mary Florence profile image68
        Mary Florenceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It can still have less than 1500 words and less than 3 photos, doesn't need videos, tables, quizzes unless they are relevant but I agree on the title. Sometimes the problem lies on the title only. Must be APA styled.

3. Bills Place profile image85
    Bills Placeposted 5 years ago

As stated by @wilderness, you need to make use of your capsules. HubPages prefers articles written for mobile users now. This means shorter paragraphs, and sections with clear headers and sub-headers so readers can easily scan through.

@Ivan also has great points, but personally I'm no good at creating quizzes, but I add at least two polls when possible.

When I create my headers, I use the Heading 2 and Heading 3 (sub-headers).

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

A hub prophesying that Pakistan will defeat all the super-powers in World War Three seems an odd fit with a US-based commercial content farm.

5. CYong74 profile image96
    CYong74posted 5 years ago

Other than technical issues, I think the problem with this hub, the huge problem, is that it's celebrating a controversial personality and his claims. Claims that even Muslims are offended by, going by the comments left on other websites.

Please remember that HubPages is a magazine site. It's not a free expression, free blogging platform like WordPress or Blogger. You can write whatever you want, however you want it, but if you expect to be featured, you have to observe basic magazine article writing stipulations. These begin with having balanced, objective write-ups, not personal rants. Common sense will also tell you HP will never in a hundred years approve anything that remotely encourages war. The moment it does so, it would be put down by authorities.

1. profile image0

You know, she's right. A controversial topic can hurt if done incorrectly. I have over 10,000 views across all articles. I have 8 articles in network sites. How did I earn the honor? I earned it by posting Magazine-Style articles. I have an article that keeps getting Traffic because of the content. It's a political article that, until two months ago, hardly gained google views. Then, all of a sudden, BOOM!! I had over 340 google views in those 2 months. I kept updating my article over time. A capsule with no subtitles might just as well go unfeatured. Islam is good, but ISIS is bad. Just looking out for the OP who started this thread.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)