jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Miniature Oil Lamps

1. JaneNew profile image63
    JaneNewposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Miniature Oil Lamps. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I'm sure it's the Amazon product that is problem. They are not actually vintage lamps, and HP is very picky about Amazon products. In fact, it has been stated that an Amazon product must not just be relevant and useful, it must be essential to the hub. Remove that and I'd bet you hub passes.

One other thing I will mention is that you repeat the same paragraph at the bottom of the first section and the second section.

JaneNewposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, I will fix this.  Can I put in a ebay affiliate link?  Or is this a no no for hub?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
          Sherry Hewinsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

We used to be able to do eBay, but not anymore.

JaneNewposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Can we put in any affiliate links?  How do we make any money at all on Hub if we can't put in anything of our own and even Hub Amazon products get rejected half of the time.  Do we do all this work for nothing?

1. theraggededge profile image96
              theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Jane, you can still use Amazon but you have to follow the rules regarding relevance to the topic. The product must be referred to within the text. It should also be something you are familiar with.

As far as earnings are concerned, if you write enough hubs you'll be earning via Hubpages ad program or, alternatively, via Adsense.

http://hubpages.com/faq/

https://hubpageshelp.com/money/Learning … y-HubPages

JaneNewposted 2 months ago in reply to this

thank you, I plan to check out the links.  If someone had 150 hubs would they be earning enough to pay for all the work putting them up?  Or would it be getting just pennies a day.

1. theraggededge profile image96
                  theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

It depends on the quality and searchability of the articles. They have to attract sufficient traffic. I have almost a hundred. They are definitely worth the effort smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I must have missed that announcement, that's a huge step up.   I completely understood the "relevant and useful" rule - but to say the product must be essential is another level altogether.  It's almost saying you can't have an Amazon capsule unless the Hub is about that product.

It explains why I'm seeing a book about how to do foot reflexology being snipped from a Hub about foot reflexology, I guess.

working