jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Google V Yahoo

1. jimmythejock profile image87
    jimmythejockposted 10 years ago

Over the past few weeks I have noticed a surge of visitors to my hubpages from Yahoo, and for the first time today yahoo actually sent me more visitors than Google about 20% more, has anyone else noticed the difference?
    hubages seems to be getting even more street cred.....jimmy

2. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 10 years ago

I, too, have noticed that I've recieved a good deal of Yahoo traffic. I'm not sure the statistics of it, as I have not looked too deeply into the change, but I have definately noticed a definate increase.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 10 years ago

The search traffic numbers across HubPages are now pretty close to what comscore reports, except that we haven't gotten much respect from Microsoft or Ask.com yet.  I believe Microsoft and Ask don't crawl quite as much or as fast as yahoo and google, so it makes sense that they would lag behind a little for a relatively new and growing site like HubPages.

Search across HubPages:

Google: 63%
    Yahoo: 27%
    MSN/Live: 5%
    AOL/Timewarner: 3%
    Other: 2%

And yes, yahoo traffic has surged a bit in the last month or two.  It's good to have a diversity of traffic sources because any one of them could turn on you at a moments notice.

4. Apae profile image49
    Apaeposted 10 years ago

That's quite strange. I've always used Google for searching, simply because it loads alot faster. Perhaps in the future I will check my traffic and get back to you guys on how Yahoo vs Google goes.

working