Hubpages traffic down 65% and Google SERP for all the hubs down.

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (82 posts)
  1. profile image32
    najiasalman1posted 13 years ago

Today i have noticed that my traffic to all the hubs is drastically down and i am much worried about it. Have you also noticed this? Please guide me what should i do. My traffic is lost. LOT OF BLUE DOWN ARROWS ON STATS ARE SHOWING.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 13 years ago

The Google algorithm rollout that happened in the US in late February is now taking place internationally.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/72770

1. profile image32
      najiasalman1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So what will happen now? Will the traffic get back? Why google is changing alogrithm and hubpager's hardwork is wasting.

3. mdlawyer profile image45
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

Traffic is very low and AdSense earnings are also just half of what was one month ago.  There is no idea as to what will happen next.

4. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

one of my best hubs has dropped drastically in traffic today hmm

5. profile image32
    najiasalman1posted 13 years ago

Its very very bad. Hard work of many years is going to the hell.

6. profile image0
    EarleRamageposted 13 years ago

I have been seeking and income online for the past 3 years. In all that time I earned nothing until recently when I joined Hubpages I was able to earn 40 dollars in 6months. In might not be much but it was inspiring.

Since Google Panda, my earning is down to zero. I am back where I am coming from. What makes it worst for me is that unlike other challenges you might see a way out or a loophole. However with Panda all my research hasn't turned up any strategy how I can manipulate it in anyway. Frankly looking at the SERP I can't explain why some content rank better that others. What is even more puzzling is when I analyze the content on Ehow and Hubpages I can't see why Ehow outperfom's Hubpages.

I have noticed that Google is focusing much tighter on keywords in title so you might find that your content won't rank for multiple keywords as before. That's all I have found so far, and it isn't a certainty.

1. ratnaveera profile image61
      ratnaveeraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes! I also had very poor traffic to my hubs. Really sorry to state that HubPages has recently lost the favor of Google. I think it can retain the help of Google by deleting many existing spam articles particularly that ones containing glamor images of actresses. My humble opinion is that Hubpages should also avoid new Ad program. It will certainly affect Google AdSense program.

7. mdlawyer profile image45

You can deactivate hubpages adprogram at your settings

8. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

*ahem*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/17/Towelday-Innsbruck.jpg/220px-Towelday-Innsbruck.jpg

We knew this change was coming.  This drop is par for the course, as it were.  And we're already in the midst of fixing up the site big_smile

Also, Google doesn't hate us! Gosh, guys!  We just ran our second guest blog post (http://blog.hubpages.com/2011/04/optimi … d-adsense/) from a Googler!  Waaaah... nobody reads the blog T_______T

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

tsk, tsk, Ms Smith, some do read the blog smile
      but I do like that banner!

James.

1. Simone Smith profile image86
        Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It really is a cool banner.  A towel, actually.  Because we should all know where our towels are.
        And I'm glad to know that there are some blog readers out there!!!

1. jpwriter profile image61
          jpwriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Was this really a guest post? 

Seems like the guest didn't know that we don't own our hubs and cannot access the Webmaster Tools, something that he mentions more than once. 

However, if I'm wrong please correct me.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/73944

2. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My traffic is actually going up since the algorithm change smile I do have a decrease in AdSense earnings but parallelly a small increase in Hubpages Ad earnings smile

3. snakebaby profile image65
      snakebabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I have to promote every single hub in order to get meaningful traffic, then it'd be so much easier to put everything to one personal site and promote just that one site, isn't it?

1. jpwriter profile image61
        jpwriterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you still have to promote a new site and its pages...

1. snakebaby profile image65

I could be falling behind the new world, but to my understanding, if the home page of a web site has high ranking (if you only promote the home page), then the pages under benefit would in turn have traffic even if you don't make effort to promote them separately. Correct me if I'm wrong, I may be too old for this new world

9. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Okay, since Google is now rolling out it's slap to the rest of the world, it should only be a matter of time that Hubpages rises back to the status it was at to begin with.

The U.S. Marketplace was slammed first and foremost. Which was the sole reason for Hubpages decline(lack of juice and positioning).

Now that the rest of world is going to need to adapt, then those who are on Hubpages should see a rise. smile

Patience is a virtue and folding a good hand before it's time would be a waste. wink

You rock, Casgil.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you kind lady. smile big_smile

2. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good advice. We hope everything will be good in short period of time.

10. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

r.s.x fellow Hubbers,

{{ Scottish brogue }}

The Great Google ain't the only provider of Ad Revenue!
    I for one am glad HubPages, is making their own way with Ads.
    It brings more competition to the arena.

HP Micro Ads v Google Pot Luck.
    My money's on HP. Go Hubs!

James.

Dude. That's awesome.  And I love pot lucks.

2. lyndre profile image59
      lyndreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aye dinnae ken wit the scottish brogue comment is, gonnae explian it tae this thick jock. smile

1. profile image0

yup!

2. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Lyndre - I didn't get it either! Must be a US insider joke.

1. profile image0

Tis tongue-in-cheek  is all. smile James.

11. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

I always read the blog to see if anyone will mention me and my ginger beard, but alas no, I cry into my cornflakes!!! still that Google post was a nice little insight into what we should expect to write about....

Would you enjoy promoting every single hub, especially when you want to write a hub every day?

12. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

It was an adsense post. Adsense team sends you one message, WebSpam team another.

Anyone with a month or two of experience could have wrote the adsense post, that didn't require a google staff member, nor is the info any better than Hubpages pre-existing Help center or any hubs on adsense by Hub members. It was fluff.

I wouldnt rank it smile

Lets see a a post from the Google WebSPam/webmaster teams, then we can break out the applause.

Actually, the post was less than impressive...

"Tip: you can see which are the sites that link to your Hubs by using the Google Webmaster Tools. For more information, please visit this page."

Really? You can link Hubpages.com to your webmaster tools account? I was under the impression I would have to own the domain and prove that ownership to run webmaster tools?

I Would love to see a tutorial on how to make that work smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree.  It was reference to his interest in volleyball that did it for me.  Personally having seen the effect on my traffic I don't really give a monkeys about his volleyball.  I am interested in making a living, (no really), not reading  sub Facebook chat.
      Why not ask him why Quantcast show HP dropping from 50 to 100?
      Why not ask the little ---- why copies of my content rank more highly than my own?

1. Cheeky Girl profile image65
        Cheeky Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have a Toolbar on my Firefox Browser that measures Alexa and Quantcast as well as Bing, Yahoo and Google page rank equivalents. Every hubber should try it out. You lean a lot and get some amazing information on how websites function.

Invest a few measly bucks in a few domains of your own and grow your own content. Nothing like it, I say! big_smile

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll second this.

3. katiem2 profile image61
      katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ME TOO!  I have a web site and would totally implement this!

1. sunforged profile image71
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Katie,

Implementing Webmaster tools takes 30 seconds on your own site. The links in the blog probably accurately show how to do it.

I was saying that the info was wrong, to my knowledge you cannot implement webmaster tools on hubpages or any other site that you do not have root control.

We were perhaps being critical and the article was ok for brand new online writers, but it looked like a repackage to me since parts of the article were not relevant.

1. Susana S profile image93
          Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope you can't use webmaster tools on HP. I also found it amusing that the google guy said titles should be 60 characters or less. I've been writing titles all week (new client, lots of work, which has put paid to my other plans for a few weeks) and G definitely shows 70 characters as I've counted them numerous times.

Anyway I'm nitpicking, but anything Google is pissing me off right now hmm

13. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

Lol! yeah I was only being polite about that blog post, but now the cats outta the bag it was rather contradictary in places and yeah Volleyball is great when we are not in a Global Google meltdown!!!!!!! with quality content losing the will to live!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

You watch how many volleyball hubs we get in the next 24 hours. Might be a coded message.

14. Simone Smith profile image86
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

Oh SNAP! LOLOL lol Way to tear a blog post a new one.  Y'all are harsh.

You do realize that you're the pros on HubPages - that our guest blogger was writing for a more beginner audience.  Hahaa, man, I wonder what making cookies for you would be like! 

"Oh, the flavor profile on these is so flat.  The topnotes are completely lacking."

"Yes. Indeed.  What did you use.  Vanilla FLAVORING instead of extract?  And goodness... the cinnamon is like cardboard... you should only use Saigon cinnamon."

"I can totally tell you didn't use fresh eggs."

No cookies for you, guys.  No cookies.

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sarcastic much lol! big_smile

Extra fudge cookies please!

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Lol, Simone - look top marks for trying.  You're right - there are two audiences.  Probably more.

I don't know how you tell one lot "it'll be ok" and the other "we're doomed".

Nah, I'm joking.

I am hopeful - just it's a bit hard to be up at the moment.

But hey. As long as HP are guaranteeing me a front page ranking for each of my 100 hubs within three months - then that's good enough for me.

I'll stop now.  Imagine having to read this as part of your job?

3. Simone Smith profile image86

Oh. Fudge is the best. 

And I ain't goin' for two messages.  It's more of a "it'll be ok" and "be patient" thing. 

Though it sure is fun to say "we're doomed" so I totally understand the forum threads.  I mean... who doesn't want to say "Game over, man!"
      http://www.automopedia.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/illpaxton.jpg

Glad to hear you're hopeful though big_smile 
      I'm off to read contest entries and give out prizes. Because HubPages is cool like that.

1. waynet profile image69

Hahaha lol I used to say that game over man phrase a lot in college!

I am hopeful though that things will pick up and know that Hubpages do everything that you can to sort stuff out!!!

4. profile image0
      Marye Audetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, as a food writer it would be a combination of bourbon vanilla and tahitian vanilla beans all the way for me or no deal.

5. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lol, well I got a smile out of this.

I was responding to the "google doesnt hate us" line. Google is still willing to earn money(adsense) from us, but search clearly does hate us.

You are right, making cookies with me is terrible. I double-check all your measurements, complain about failure to pre-heat and always add my own twists.

But, I make really good cookies smile

15. shogan profile image77
    shoganposted 13 years ago

My traffic has fallen down so far that Google has informed me I must return some old hits.

Oh... I smell a great "yo mamma" style series of these.

1. shogan profile image77
        shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has fallen so far that Google simply returns "nice try" when I search for my keywords.

1. KiaKitori profile image67
          KiaKitoriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

your humor is over whelming ...

1. David 470 profile image82
            David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

LMAO that's a great line!

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My traffic has fallen so low, it's beneath the page fold! smile

1. KiaKitori profile image67

That's a good one.

My traffic has fallen so low that was expelled from my computer and now it is starring at me, full of shame.

2. Rosie2010 profile image68
          Rosie2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. waynet profile image69

My traffics is so low it resembles a saggy boobed lady with stretch armstrong breasticles!

1. shogan profile image77
            shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My traffic is so low I owe Google money through Adsense.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
              rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my traffic is so slow, it turned around and sped down a rocky, steep hill. hmm

Hahaa- my traffic is so low, it doubles each time my mum reads one of my Hubs!

lol

2. WoodsmensPost profile image64
                  WoodsmensPostposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow that's low... My traffic is so low -1 is actually a good thing pffff.

3. KiaKitori profile image67

LOL..someone should colect these pearls about how low the traffic is ...They are hilarious.

16. mcimicata profile image61
    mcimicataposted 13 years ago

Google has done another Panda algorithm update that basically affects the search results of all other English speaking countries. They did it about a month ago for the US search results, but now it is for all English speaking countries.

Most article directories have dropped in SERPs, but the quality content will definitely rise back up!

17. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

My traffic is down too.This new panda update has brought some newly sprung up site in the top page of Google without considering the quality of the pages, while some of my well-written hubs lost the Google's first page position.I can say this new updates did not affect Google site at all-because my Google site is still topping the first page of Google as it was few months back.I think traffic will come back soon as it takes time to any systems to come to a stable state.

18. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 13 years ago

My traffic has changed little, but then it was never very high. However, my CTR has plummeted so Adsense is down. I am not one of the privileged few given a chance to make up my earnings with the new ad programme.

I am actually doing better with articles I have on another site at the moment. At least I am earning a consistent few pence every day on them. It pains me to say it, since I hate that site with a passion! http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-love-smileys-117.gif

19. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 13 years ago

Don't Panic. When I saw the hubs traffic yesterday, I almost got worried but indeed encouraged myself saying "It's going up again" because I speak what I expect at things like this one. Google is still in love with HubPages. Google is with the search and adsense earnings remote control button. The press and change channels as the want even if you're watching an interesting programme, you're on your own. lol

how do you know google is still in love with HP?

20. Best Games profile image58
    Best Gamesposted 13 years ago

Traffic is down 50-65 % it's true but not for all my hubs, some of them are still on top. I did not check the earnigs but something is sure: no traffic no earnings. We can do nothing in my opinion, just hope that everything will go "normal" as we were used to.

21. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 13 years ago

Sooner or later quality hubs will rise to the top just like cream in milk.  It just makes sense!  We merely have to learn to be a bit smarter about what we turn out and then be patient.

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hope that happens sooner than later smilesmile I am sure it will:)

22. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 13 years ago

Yep. My traffic is down 66%. I do have ONE accolade for Google though...they are processing dmca complaints at lightening speed...and that should help when all is said and done.

1. profile image32
      najiasalman1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can you say they are processing DMCA complaints?

1. profile image0
        Marye Audetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They have emailed me and let me know that they have taken down 20 of the pages I filed complaints against two weeks ago. (There are well over 100) In the past it has taken 6 to 8 weeks.

23. mdlawyer profile image45

Hopefully, traffic may come back in a month or two.

24. Jason Bassey profile image61
    Jason Basseyposted 13 years ago

I believe it will get better

Jason, I think you're probably right. It may take a while, but I believe so ~~

25. Anamika S profile image68
    Anamika Sposted 13 years ago

My traffic and income from Hubpages has gone down drastically. I am pissed off seeing by 500 + Hubs earning less than $3. But as always I guess we should not lose hope. This phase is just temporary. I have full faith on HP.

1. Best Games profile image58
      Best Gamesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that the problem come from Google's panda algorithm. Also EzineArticles have the same hit and it seems there is solutions (not tested)

http://www.webpronews.com/ezinearticles … da-2011-04

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You think? Where have you been - a cave? lol

This is all anyone has talked about for the last few weeks.

http://markpknowles.com/panda-update-go … -part-two/

1. Best Games profile image58
          Best Gamesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read all men, I say about EzineArticles and solutions ...

26. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

Somebody should start a thread then collect them for a hub, yes wink good idea smile hurry up now!

27. mdlawyer profile image45

Pageviews and earnings, very dismal.

28. Charlu profile image76
    Charluposted 13 years ago

It's like investing in a new company with the stock market that is awaiting approval from the FDA for a medication that will help change an illness dramatically.  You know it will go up you just have to be patient and wait for the approval. If HP continues to provide unique quality content in articles that is not driven by misleading money scamming rip offs Google will not only give it's approval but show favor to HP.  You have to think of the advertisers that make Google money. Do they want to go to a site and see their ad (they've paid dearly for)on a site promoting how they can become an instant millionaire or a 100 word article promoting their competition that's been spun 30 times. Companies (as do we) are paying attention to where their sales and income are generated and adjusting their marketing accordingly. I mean come on unless your wealthy enough to do this just because you love it were all interested in making money and need to "adjust" our articles to do just that.  Give Google and the advertisers what they want, good unique quality articles and HP will succeed accordingly.

29. mdlawyer profile image45

Exactly.  Quality content is ultimately bound to win.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)