jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Aborting Smiles

1. Mohaimenul profile image79
    Mohaimenulposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Aborting Smiles (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hello Nicholas,

Welcome to HubPages.

I think you might have a problem getting this approved.

Firstly, it's in the wrong category. Mental health/emotions/happiness isn't appropriate for this topic.

Secondly, the title is also inappropriate and is not search engine friendly. Nobody will be searching for that term.

Thirdly, as teenage boy, I really don't think you have enough life experience to discuss the subject of abortion and make judgements about those who have to face making this kind of decision. Although I do think it is good that you are brave enough to try.

Fourthly, you are quoting figures for the US, but you live in Bangladesh. And you discuss attitudes that are prevalent in India, but it is not the same in the States or the UK or other Western countries.

Fifthly, the hub is a bit short and has numerous grammatical errors, apart from the part you copied and pasted - if you are going to quote from a paper, make sure you make it clear that it isn't your writing. It's also a good idea to link to any relevant studies.

Lastly, the first image is not appropriate to the topic. And you have cited Google as the source. You are not permitted to take images from Google and republish them unless you have permission from the owner of the image. In which case you would cite the image creator. Images must be legal-to-use and published under a Creative Commons license, or be in the Public Domain. You can get useful images from Pixabay and Pexels and use them without fear of copyright violation and/or or a large unexpected demand for payment.

Spend some time learning about HubPages:

http://hubpages.com/faq/
      https://hubpageshelp.com You'll see tabs across the top that will lead you to various articles to help you write for HubPages.

Hope that helps.

2. Mohaimenul profile image79

Thank you so much ma'am. I'll try my best to improve and make better hubs.
    And ma'am can you please tell me, as a beginner, what kind of topics should I approach?

3. Mohaimenul profile image79

And ma'am,there are numerous times that I get confused with the presentation of my write-up. Can you tell me a way to deal with that as well please...

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Your writing's not too bad. You might improve your sentence structure by using online apps like Grammarly and Hemingway. The more you write, the faster you'll improve.

Topics... well, it helps to approach writing articles as if you are answering a question. So, let's say you have some knowledge in studying for A Levels. Go to Google and type in 'studying for A Levels'. Don't press enter but look at the suggestions that pop up - when I do it, I can see things like 'Studying for A Levels Tips'. In fact, it's the second most searched topic there. So right there within a few seconds I found a possible title, "Studying for A Levels: Tips to Help You Pass".

So, press Enter and then scroll to the bottom of the page and look for: "Searches related to studying for a levels"... and there is another list of related searches. Tons of ideas right there.

You can do the same with any word or phrase that occurs to you. Also listen to what your friends are talking about. Try to pick up what they are worried about or excited about... and then write your articles. Ideas for topics are easy to find once you find your groove.

Edit: I have an article under my profile called "How to Write a Good Article for HubPages", I'm not allowed to post the link but if you can locate it, you may pick up some ideas for presentation, etc.

working