jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

My Hub 'America's Journey To Independence.'

1. Anita Hasch profile image80
    Anita Haschposted 2 months ago

Could somebody please help with the above hub. Before it can be accepted to a niche site, I need to include my bio with the hub tool. Where do I find the hub tool? I would also like to know if there are any grammar mistakes. Thank you.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Go to your Account page and click About the Author

Anita Haschposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Marisa.

2. Jeremy Gill profile image88
      Jeremy Gillposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hey Anita, it's helpful for us to include a link to your Hub. Here's one:

https://hubpages.com/politics/Americas- … dependence

Here are my suggestions for improvement:
      1) Watch for places where commas would help pause in longer sentences. In this case, the comma could be removed: "This would enable the East India Company to undersell the smugglers, and give the Colonial consumer cheaper tea." Also, make "consumer" plural.

2) Another case where the first comma should be removed: "Lord North, wished to avoid trouble, but the King was furious."

3) Break up the text. You have several photos at the bottom to do so, but the beginning and middle of the Hub are incredibly text-heavy. Whether it's more photos, bullet points, tables, or videos, use something to offer diversity and a rest for the eyes.

4) Caption your photos to increase traffic.

As Marisa said, use About the Author to prepare a bio. Of all the Hubs I have proofread, I particularly enjoyed this one. Best of luck.

Anita Haschposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking the time to proofread my hub Jeremy. I really appreciate it. I will do as you say and hopefully my hub will be accepted.

working