jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

External Affiliate Programs

1. Papeeebooks profile image89
    Papeeebooksposted 2 months ago

I want to know if Hubpages allows one to place the affiliate links of other Companies apart from Amazon in one's Hub? Does such an action go against Google Adsense's terms and conditions too?

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

You can't. It's not permitted.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Actually that's not true.  You are allowed to post other affiliate links on HubPages, but only to certain approved networks.   HubPages does not publish a list telling us which ones.

For instance, I know Clickbank links are not allowed, but ShareASale links are. 

The same rules apply as to all links on HubPages:  the link must be helpful to the reader and relevant to the title of the Hub.

I would think it would be extremely difficult to get a hub approved these days with any kind of affiliate link, Marisa. Especially if you wanted it on a niche site.

From the FAQ

"Doorway page articles. Doorway articles are those that are only optimized for a specific keyword and designed to funnel visitors to another website. Here's Google's stance on doorway pages. If your article is solely created for a click through to Amazon or other affiliate offers, Google may see it as a doorway page."

and

"If we believe that your article does contain affiliate or promotional links, an additional warning will appear and the article will be blocked from publication."

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

A "doorway article" is an article written for the SOLE purpose of sending the reader to that link.  That's a very special case and it has never been permitted on HubPages.

Oh.. it was once. Even the staffers wrote hubs like that. I remember seeing lots of them - some no more than 150 words all pointing at a single product link.

working