Which Traffic Is Bigger

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (37 posts)
  1. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

OK I sm basically still a newbie here so still looking some help. In your account where you can see where the traffic is coming from how many of you get more outside traffic than hubpages traffic and how long did it take to achieve, just curious.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

90% of my traffic is outside traffic - took about 3 months for that to start happening if I remember correctly.

1. profile image48
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

90% is some going, well done and weeks Misha thats also some doing. I think I will make 3 months my target, cheers Mark.

2. Lgali profile image57
      Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How to get some good hubbers traffic?

1. profile image48

I prefer www.reddit.com my friend, I find it better than Digg as it gets me a good bit of traffic but it will take at least a year so stay patient as you are doing well with your posts. Dont worry about the number of hubpages reads you get just keep checking the other traffic as thats the one that counts. But as I say you are doing ok so just keep at it.

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

The vast majority of my traffic is search engines. But this was planned from the start, and achieved within weeks I think. smile

3. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I'm about 50-50 right now except on Venomous Snakes of North America which is about 70% Search Engines.

1. profile image48

Wow 70 per cent, you are my hero, how can one even compare to you.

4. BristolBoy profile image61
    BristolBoyposted 14 years ago

I definately had more Hubpages traffic than search engine traffic up until yesterday.  However, since yesterday I have had about 25,000 visits to one of my hubs from Yahoo search, and this has pushed Yahoo to the top of the list.  Whilst people always chase outside traffic, sometimes it is good to have a lot of traffic from within Hubpages, for example whilst I got 25000 visits to one of my hubs from yahoo in the last 24 hours, I have also achieved thousands of views of hubs which were linked to this one (and obviously this shows up as Hubpages traffic).

5. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

I had one Hub that got listed with Google and started getting traffic within 24 hours.
    I don't know how, and I haven't been able to recreate that.
    But usually I have found that my HubPages get indexed very quickly.
    48 to 72 hours.
    Mostly my traffic is about 40 to 50 % from Hubpages.

6. Rotem profile image61
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

How can i submit my hubs in Yahoo search?

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
      Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Search engines will spider/crawl your pages and decide which keywords are relevant to your text (fish, tropical, aquariums, etc) and will begin to list you. You've only been here 7 days so give it some time. Link to your hubs from your site (which might seem counter productive considering you're aiming to promote your site, but hear me out) and work to build some back links (the more organic the better, but your potential linkers need to find your hubs first!).

It can take up to two weeks for Google to get you indexed. I think Yahoo! takes a bit longer, so just give them a bit of time. Ultimately most of your external traffic will probably come from Google, but Yahoo is awesome too!

7. Rotem profile image61
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

Thanks.

8. Everyday Miracles profile image85

I don't know why I'm doing so well on that one hub, to be honest. It might just be that I'm not getting that much internal traffic! LOL

1. profile image48

You remind me of that song " Did I ever tell you are my hero ", Jeez that internal traffic so misses your talent and modesty !

9. Everyday Miracles profile image85

Awww, thanks badco! Working on a fresh hub right now... A biggie... I've not done 1000 words and have been working for two days!

1. profile image48

Go for it my friend,you are doing so well and I wish you goof luck

10. Everyday Miracles profile image85

This one is keyword crazy too. I didn't know it when I started but did some research afterwards. With the boost that hubpages gets it might be an okay earner when I'm done smile

11. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Internal traffic is somewhat useful, but external traffic, there are more possibilities and indeed chances that this could happen.

Search engine traffic is also my top referral in traffic Google.com being at the top, Hubpages.com second and Yahoo.com, google.co.uk and MSN following behind, not to mention all the other Google country variants.

12. johnr54 profile image48
    johnr54posted 14 years ago

I only get about 5% of my traffic from hubpages, well over 90% comes from the search engines, with about 1% each from Ezines, and my own blogs.

1. profile image48

Nice work John, that is my overall aim, well done.

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Over 90% of my traffic every day is from search engines.

1. profile image48

Well done Nelle and have been checking both your hubs and Marks and Mishas and I think I can see where I have been going wrong and I hope to resolve it. Cheers for sharing your success !

14. profile image0

What you don't see is all of the off-site optimization that I do.

I have many many other websites and blogs. When I post a hub, I immediately make at least 5 complimentary postings and webpages, all of which feed back to the hubpage.

Then about every few weeks I make additional postings and pages, that link back again.

But I think you're a fast study and I wish you well.

Nelle

1. profile image48

I have 2 websites which after reading what you have said I must put a link to my hubs. I do feed my hubs to a few places like digg and reddit but I just wonder if digg or reddit are worth posting to or do they lose you long term direct traffic. Would appreciate your advice on it. Thank you !

15. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

At First it will come from fellow hubbers, which will create comments and feedback, which is good.  I am now getting more traffic from outside search engines and links than fellow hubbers.  It takes some time, but once it happens you notice your revenue goes up as well.

16. aniketgore profile image60
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

These days my search engine traffic is increasing than hubpages.

17. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Most of my traffic is search engines, followed by HP, blogs, and other randoms

1. profile image48

Do you use the likes of diggit or similar sites to diggit much or just let hubs build your traffic up ?

18. profile image0

With regard to traffic from Digg or Facebook or places like that - I haven't found that it makes $$$. And I'm only interested in targeted sales traffic.

I develop sites for the sake of backlinks. They are high quality content that I nurture for several years, before I put any links on them. They are on a variety of topics that can apply logically to many niches, so the backlinks make sense. About every 6 months I start a new one up.

Ahem, then there's the blogs. I really don't care if people comment or not, I'm just after the backlinks.

I do tweet, have several accounts. My instincts tell me that Twitter will develop into something important, so I consider activity there, an investment.

Sometimes for fun I send out a thousand or so postcards, with my website url and a sales pitch. Beleive it or not, that has created sales. So I'm beginnng to think of more traditional ways of marketing.

19. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Cheers Nelle you are a star and a great help to me, I think I will open a Twitter account, thanks again and enjoy your day.

20. profile image0

Glad I can help. I hope you're day is going well too.

21. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

Most of my trafic comes from outside hubpages. I am not sure how long that took - I was slow learning how to find out where to see the stats. I have a niche and that probably helps.

22. embitca profile image84
    embitcaposted 14 years ago

Over 90% of my traffic is from the search engines. I don't use the social bookmarking sites at all, but I do occasionally write articles with some links to my hubs and then post those to article directories like EzineArticles

I don't bother doing it for every hub -- usually just when I'm starting off a series in the same topic.

23. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Reddit and the other bookmarking sites are good for traffic, but not for revenue.  But getting traffic is the first step.  Just make sure you link other stuff on Reddit and Digg other than your own blogs.  Throw in a video every now and then.  Also, comment on other people's submissions.

24. Christa Dovel profile image71
    Christa Dovelposted 14 years ago

For the first few months my traffic was about 45% from HP and 45% from search engines, the rest from referrals.  Lately, the number from search engines has increased to 60%.

1. profile image48

Thats great to hear, hope it grows more for you. Cheers for sharing that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)