jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Is there a way to explore just articles without questions and forums?

1. Eric Calderwood profile image83
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 months ago

I'm trying to find a way to explore articles without having questions and forum posts mixed in, but when I click on explore articles I get all three mixed together. Is there a way to explore just articles?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image96
      Jeremy Gillposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Good question. We used to have Hub Hopper, but that's gone now. One short-term solution is to use the Find function (hit Control and F on your keyboard), type "article", and only browse through those entries.

Eric Calderwoodposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, great idea, I'll have to give that a try.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Choosing the "best" option on topic pages will limit the results to mostly articles, but there is no way to exclude forum discussions and Q&A completely.

Thanks. I guess this must be some change that HubPages has made since I last focused on the site. Makes it hard to find good articles to read since you have to go through so much other stuff.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Perhaps it's time HubPages changed the options under the "Explore" tab, because it's misleading.   Currently, it's split into "Articles" and  "Answers" - but as you've pointed out, Articles contains lots of Answers and there's no way to exclude them.  And Answers doesn't give you any answers at all, it takes you to Questions and doesn't display the answers to them.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 5 months agoin reply to this

We are slowly phasing out the old header with "Explore" as we complete the engineering work to enable the use of the new design on more parts of HubPages.

2. Eric Calderwood profile image83

I liked it better when we could explore what we wanted to explore instead of having everything lumped together, but I guess we have to learn to live with it.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
            Marisa Wrightposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Me too.  I think lumping them all in together is a retrograde step, especially when the quality of questions and answers is generally so poor.

working