jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Adsense doing well!

1. Shivani Gala profile image81
    Shivani Galaposted 3 months ago

Hello Dear Hubbers,

I haven't been very active on Hubpages as adsense earnings kept sliding down, ebay went off!

Today I ended up checking my account after many months and noticed that adsense earning have gone up significantly in last couple of months. I am moving cities and looking to develop more sources of income to sustain change and start afresh.

Is it so for everyone? Should I actively get back to optimising my hubs and creating fresh new content?

What kind of content are people most looking for now?

Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

Cheers,
    Shivani

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

Much depends on your topic because Adsense pays on click through ads.  So, if you are writing about something the advertisers think will bring them revenue, they'll buy into your hubs.  Some subjects, of course, lend themselves more to doing this than others.  For example, relationships is a topic that probably wouldn't bring in high paying ads, but health insurance probably would!

Shivani Galaposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hey,
        Thanks for sharing this! In fact couple of my health related hubs are doing well, so would like to explore more on that.

2. Barack James profile image88
    Barack Jamesposted 3 months ago

Hi Shivani, while you were away niche sites (vertical sites) were started to feature high quality hubs according to different niches. I think the best thing you can do is to edit your existing hubs and submit them so that ones that qualify can be feature. I am not sure whether you know it but one of your hubs has been moved to a niche site called healdove.com. Niche site Featured hub generates impressive traffic from search engines and that is a plus.

Hi Barack,
      Yes, I knew of them, as I had read emails about the update and inviting me to add one of the blogs in the featured network. In fact Hubpages, edited it a bit and they invited me to apply it for healdove. I never really saw how good it was doing until now.  I'm exploring possibilities of publishing some featured hub.
      Thanks, much!

3. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 months ago

Yes, same here.

Awesomeness! Keep Growing.smile

4. blueheron profile image98
    blueheronposted 2 months ago

It looks like many of your hubs have good earning potential. I think the "how to" hubs do best. This means that every time you face a practical problem of some kind, you can write a hub about it! For example, one of my light switches seems to have failed and probably needs to be replaced, and this could be a subject for a hub. (It would also help me get clear in my mind about wiring in light switches, because I always do them wrong the first time, which throws the breaker.)

I think it takes time and a lot of hubs to achieve a good level of earnings. That's just the way that is.

Look for ways to promote your hubs. Look at traffic sources to see where your traffic is coming from. I find it helps to join Facebook groups that are related to your hubs, so you can post the hubs in groups with a high level of interest in what you're writing about. You can sometimes get tremendous bursts in traffic this way--and sometimes not.

working