jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Request for an approve all button for comments

1. Ashleign profile image90
    Ashleignposted 2 months ago

Hey guys,

I don't know why I have never asked about this before, is there a way to approve all comments or could we request an approve all for comments? I average around 8-10k views per day with countless comments, I am just saying it would be helpful.

I do try to respond to comments as much as possible but after the first 20 or 30 it becomes rather difficult to approve all of them. Perhaps I just don't know how things are done even after 5 million views tongue

1. Jesse Drzal profile image87
      Jesse Drzalposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Problem is..comments have to be moderated. Sloppy drivel irrelevant comments (not saying you personally get bad comments) now affect Google rank...I thought Hubpages now was using that crowd sourced labor site that auto approved comments..

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

That option is available on your Account page under Comments.  Click on Global Comment Capsule Settings, choose "No" for "Comments must be approved before they appear".

3. Ashleign profile image90
    Ashleignposted 2 months ago

Ah, I didn't even think about the Google results. I will have to take a look at that. I like seeing them and approving them, but then again when I get 200, I don't have time to read all of them.

4. lori811 profile image79
    lori811posted 2 months ago

HI Ashleign - First of all may I compliment you on your photo. Not sure if it's actually you or an avatar but very lovely. Also not sure if this answers your question but when you first sign in to Hub, next to your photo is  a listing -  Comments, Articles, Profile. If you click on Comments, there's a drop-down menu whereby you can control what you need. Hope this helps and by the way, congrats on all those page views and comments, you are very blessed:) Have a great day!

5. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 2 months ago

Wow Lori, you have actually learned much about HP in a short period of time. When you were very new, I remember you were upset about capsules and how to use them. Now you have given  an excellent advice. Good job. Proud of you smile

6. Tim Truzy info4u profile image86
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 2 months ago

Yes, reading the comments here helped me get going quickly. The forum is very useful. Thanks HP community.

working