jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Both Adsense and Hub Ads enabled - How Come Revenue Only from One?

1. tadasland profile image82
    tadaslandposted 2 months ago

Hello,

For years I've been receiving revenue from Adsense on my hubs but then I also enabled Hub Ad Program and my Adsense income stopped. Does this mean that Hub Ads take priority over Adsense?

What happens if I stop Hub Ads Program?  Will my Adsense be active again?

The reason I ask is because I want to experiment with making money money from both programs and want to switch back and forth every so often.

Any experience with this?

Thanks

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

What everybody else said, except for one thing.  How much you earn can depend on your topic.  If you write about high earning topics, you generally will do better with Adsense, but if you write about topics that advertisers will make less money on, then HP is better. 

I experimented beginning the end of April and so far have found Adsense to be far better, but I think that is due to my topic and the fact that I'm "in season" right now.  However, when I compare my figures to last year's I see I'm doing almost twice as well with Adsense.

Just have to experiment.

However, I see that you have only produced 3 hubs in 7 years, so it's not going to matter much for you right now as to which earning path you choose.  Three is an extremely small amount...many here have hundreds and even thousands of articles they've written.  You need to get writing!

2. chasmac profile image99
    chasmacposted 2 months ago

Hi
    With Adsense you get a share of all ads appearing on your Hubs - paid directly by Google. If you switch to the HP Ad Program, HubPages pays you your share of all ads on your Hub except for one ad, which is still paid by Google. That ad is the one right at the bottom that most people never see or click. So Google will still be paying you for views and clicks on that ad, but very little compared to what you got previously from the other much better placed ads. You can check in your Adsense account. If it shows zero for earnings but your ad did receive views AND has an RPM above zero, then you're still earning but so little that it hasn't yet reached half a cent - so still shows as zero.

Personally, I find the HP ad program to pay far more than Adsense. I made the switch back to Adsense a couple of times quite recently as an experiment to see if Adsense would be better. Nope! - Both times were disappointing - so I'm back on HP's Ad Program. I see an additional 'dribble' of income from those bottom-placed Adsense ads on my Hubs.

A few of us have been switching recently - some found what I found, but some others found Adsense to be better. If your new HP income is better than your old Adsense income, you've got your answer (you can ignore the new Adsense income).

Edit - Yes, you can switch back to Adsense anytime - it's easy.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago

You have several ads on the page. When you activate Hubads most of them change from being Adsense ads to being Hubads ads. Ergo your Adsense income decreases, but what happened to your total income?

working