jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Can I add Amazon capsule to the hubs? What are the rules to follow?

1. hclpd profile image96
    hclpdposted 3 months ago

I have noticed that the editors have removed Amazon capsules from some of my hubs that are moved to niche sites. I was wondering what caused it to be removed. If I decide to add some relevant capsules to my hubs, what rules must I adhere to? Alos, have you people encountered similar issues?

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Use in-text links. HP is moving towards less obtrusive ads... well as far as the writers are concerned anyway big_smile

Personally I think this is a good thing - if you can't refer to a product naturally, then it shouldn't be on the article.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Hi hclpd,

We require that the product be necessary to the reader (meaning that your article is a project, recipe, etc, that they can not complete without the product) and it is unlikely to be something they already own, OR that your article is a place readers are going with the intent to shop. If someone searches for "Best Books like Harry Potter," it is reasonable to assume they are shopping and may wish to buy, but if they are searching for "Strongest Wizards in Harry Potter" they just want information and a product shouldn't be included.

You must also include information on your own personal opinion and experience with the product, why you recommend it over other brands/versions, etc.

1. hclpd profile image96
        hclpdposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for your help, Christy!

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

I have been able to include Amazon capsules in hubs that were moved to niche sites, but I am very careful about how I use them and use very few.  Check out my article about cleaning RV tanks and you'll see what I mean.

1. hclpd profile image96
        hclpdposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I will do that. Thanks.

2. njmanura profile image92
    njmanuraposted 3 months ago

But recently amazon product capsules are removed from my hubs that are discussing about use and side effects of certain medications. I have included the product as a capsule.

working