jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How long is the editing queue?

1. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 7 weeks ago

I must have submitted two articles for niche sites in the past month and they've both been placed in the editing queue line, so I was wondering how long is this line.

Are things really that busy? I wish I had some stats on the subject. I know the editing team isn't very large but some updates would be nice.

2. Lindsay Langstaff profile image86
    Lindsay Langstaffposted 7 weeks ago

Hello there!  I haven't been here long, but so far two of my articles have been submitted to niche sites.  For the first one, I had received an email from HP telling me that I should submit it.  So I made the changes necessary and did so.  I think that one took about 2 weeks.  For the second one, I didn't make any effort to submit it to a niche site, but I guess HP really liked the article so they just automatically did it.  If neither of these situations are the situation you're in, then I think it may take a while, as in over 2 weeks.

3. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

When you submitted those Hubs, did you get an email? Was it the one that said it was suitable, but needed editing?

If so, the wait can be very long indeed.  What it really means is, this Hub would be suitable with a lot of editing but we don't have time right now - we might get around to it at some point.   

You'll notice it says you can edit the Hub yourself and then resubmit it - that's what they're actually asking you to do.   The resubmit can be done any time, and it doesn't count towards your one very fourteen days - it's extra.

4. Chriswillman90 profile image92
    Chriswillman90posted 7 weeks ago

I see but I've gotten one of those before, re-editted the hub and got the same message, so I'm not sure what extensive edits they're looking for.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

In that case, post in the "Improving Your Hub" section and ask Hubbers for ideas.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image92
        Chriswillman90posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I may have to thank you.

working