Article in editor's editing list

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Amara Hassan profile image90
    Amara Hassanposted 2 years ago

Greeting fellows
    I was just curious to know that how much time does it take to get your article edited, if your article is in the editing list of the staff?
    2 months ago i submitted my article to a niche site, the staff mailed me that your article has the potential, so we are putting it in our editing list. But its been 2 months now, my article is still on discover. Any idea how much time it usually takes?

1. Misbah786 profile image84
      Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Amara, I'd advise you to forget about them. Six of my articles are in the editing queue, and they haven't been touched in over 9 months, nor have the editors responded to my emails. Simply place your hand on your heart and say, "All is Well."
      Blessings always!! smile

Amara Hassanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Well, thats disappointing :-(

But this is what I've experienced. It is, without a doubt, sad and disappointing. smile

Please see this thread the case is still the same: https://hubpages.com/community/forum/35 … -this-boat

Stay blessed sister

I guess they should hire more staff.

2. SerenityHalo profile image95
      SerenityHaloposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I have an answer for you. It took one of mine to go from that queue to a niche site in 9 months. Granted, I did do a second revision sometime during the waiting process. So I'm not sure, but possibly revising it a little could draw it more traffic, which could mean it gets bumped in the queue.

If an article you submit to a niche site only needs a tiny bit of editing, the editors tend to go ahead and do it and move the article over.

There is some kind of traffic flow system behind the scenes for editing. If you get the email that says you've been placed in the editing queue but it's a really long wait, etc... it will be sitting in limbo for a while.

Thank you Andrea for giving some time in answering my question. That's helpful.

2. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 2 years ago

Yes Amara.3 of my articles are in editing queue now for 4 months .So I guess it takes time!!!

Its too late. I dnt like waiting that long :-D

2. Miebakagh57 profile image68
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Its a pity that nearly all writers are affect.

3. Eric Caunca profile image94
    Eric Cauncaposted 2 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15905450.jpg

Haha Eric what a perfect depiction of the situation

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

What I find interesting, is people have been waiting so long for articles they have submitted to Network sites to be edited and accepted, but I was just surprised to receive an email saying that one of my articles “God is Watching Over Us (Things Happen For a Reason) was chosen to move to a network site ‘LetterPile’ without me having submitted it.
    That may not sound so strange, but the article was written in 2013 (last edit 2020) and it has sat at HubPages all that time. They also moved it without editing it at all. There may be a backlog in accepting hubs that authors manually submit to the niche sites, but editors are obviously going through older hubs and approving them to be moved.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image68

Mostly Petterpile? Because I had experienced same.

What is Petterpile, exactly? Wondering. . . Thank you, Miebakagh, for informing us that HubPages now has a new network site called PetterPile
        big_smile . .  . BTW...Thank you for bringing a grin to my face. smile
        God bless you!!

1. Jodah profile image91
          Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think Petterpile must be the new hybrid site combining PetHelpful and LetterPile. smile

+100000000 smile

Ha ha ha! Eh eh eh!

2. Amara Hassan profile image90

That's really weird. lolz

Exactly. And despite the many challenges editors are facing, hope they got over and take the bull by the horn.

3. Misbah786 profile image84

John, thank you so much for sharing this information. smile
      Blessings always!!

5. Eric Caunca profile image94
    Eric Cauncaposted 2 years ago

Two of my articles have been edited by Hubpro. One takes eight months to edit, while the other takes a year and three months. I have other pieces in the queue that have been waiting for more than 1 and a half years but have yet to be revised. smile smile smile

Hey Eric, you're not alone. Others have been waiting that long. I'm on the queue likewise.

6. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

If staff can't cope with the influx, it means that they don't need or want more new articles. So why do we keep on writing when views and earnings keep on going down the drain... sad

They need more hardworking and responsible editors, I believe smile

1. SerenityHalo profile image95

I would like for them to get a bonafide social media manager who helps promote the best of HubPages and brings traffic to the site. When I worked on the web side for a news station, the amount of views one article would get just from posting to Facebook was madness.

1. Jodah profile image91
          Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You should contact HupPages and apply for the job. It sounds like a great idea.

2. Misbah786 profile image84

I agree with John's suggestion that you should try to contact HubPages. It sounds something fantastic. smile

7. Miebakagh57 profile image68
    Miebakagh57posted 2 years ago

Send a reminder to team@hubpages.com/ It takes time. Some here have been waiting longer than you...up to 9 months!

8. ravirajan01 profile image95
    ravirajan01posted 2 years ago

I got a strange message some time back about one of my articles edited by mistake. And after that, no further edits happened on that article. So I guess the possibilities are endless !!!!!

Because this is HP!!!  smile

9. Ben716 profile image90
    Ben716posted 2 years ago

About 3 years ago, I suggested an article of mine for inclusion for one of the vertical sites. I got reply it's on the editing list. 3 years down the line, nothing. No email to inform me the article has been declined for inclusion on one of their vertical sites. But, I never waited for their email to inform me of the progress or status of the suggested article.
    And, that, was my first and last time I have ever suggested an article for consideration on one of the niche sites. I write and publish articles knowing they always scan articles on Hubpages to include on the niche sites. I have about ten articles that are sitting coolly on the niche sites without having suggested them.
    Don't tire yourself with waiting and reminding them.

1. SerenityHalo profile image95

Even though that sounds like a bad experience, I would submit every two weeks if you have content sitting in Discover and HubPages. Discover is like limbo, and with a little bit of editing, most things can find a better home.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)