jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

"Featured" Hub

1. powerstrongman profile image78
    powerstrongmanposted 7 weeks ago

Hey all! So here's the deal, I'm fairly new to hubpages, and have just submitted an article for publishing 2 days ago. It was sent back asking for revisions. After revising, it shows it as published, but I'm not able to see it when I browse the subtopic it's under. I can only see it when I go from my account, to my articles. I'm unaware if anyone else can see it, or if it's truly published. Also, if it is up, is it featured? I don't entirely know how to tell. Thank you for the help!

1. tomsmithnow profile image80
      tomsmithnowposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages. Look on "My Account" under Statistics for your articles. What symbol icon is showing all the way to the right of your article title? That will tell you the status of your article. Symbols and meanings are listed at the bottom of that page. Featured articles show a black circle with an H in the middle of the circle. I can see your article.

powerstrongmanposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks, I wasn't sure how to check!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

If your article is featured, it will appear on your profile page.

3. Marketing Merit profile image87
      Marketing Meritposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

While this matter has been resolved, I should add a hint of caution about the photos that you are using Will. It's unclear if they are copyrighted images or if you have permission to use them. It's important that you only use images that are free to use for commercial purposes and/or photos you have taken yourself.

Correcting this matter now will save you a whole lot of trouble further down the line.

Hope this helps and welcome to Hubpages!

How do I tell if something is able to be used? Thanks.

1. Marketing Merit profile image87
          Marketing Meritposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Check out this link for advice.
          https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … -image-use

You will find free images on sites such as Pixabay. Also, in Google images, they should be labelled as for reuse. Go to settings/tools>usage to check and filter.

Awesome. Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image95
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

The rule is simple.  ALL images on the internet are copyright (and therefore illegal to use) UNLESS there is a statement somewhere on the image or the website that says you can use it.

You'll find a Hub on the slider on my profile which explains it in detail.   One easy way around it is to stick to Pixabay.com, because you can use photos from that site without having to worry.

1. greenmind profile image91
            greenmindposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

yes Pixabay rules!

2. pen promulgates profile image79
    pen promulgatesposted 7 weeks ago

Hi will,
    Welcome to Hubpages.

If you are talking about the strongman article, I can see it on your slider. As it shows it's there since 18 hours, I believe it's featured.

Thanks so much!

3. LiliMarlene profile image88
    LiliMarleneposted 7 weeks ago

Please check the settings of your account. Because with one click you can activate that all hubs will be shown no matter whether featured or not. Good luck for all your articles!

Awesome. Thank you!

4. Terrielynn1 profile image85
    Terrielynn1posted 7 weeks ago

Welcome to hub pages. there are many helpful people here. I haven't check your work yet but I will.

5. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 7 weeks ago

Featured hubs have a circle-H on the stats page http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/stats

6. JaneanOverman profile image78
    JaneanOvermanposted 7 weeks ago

Welcome!

working