jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (20 posts)

Amazon product listings

1. jeffzod profile image60
    jeffzodposted 2 months ago

Amazon products are making my articles not to be featured.Even when I have only one listed product.The editor says my articles can be Featured but they contain spammy elements.How can I fix this?

1. wilderness profile image92
      wildernessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Use only Amazon links directly related to your hub.  If the hub is about a nifty new kitchen tool, and you have one and have used it, provide a link.

If your hub is about kitchen tools in general, don't bother.  If it's about what a well stocked kitchen has, don't bother.  If you haven't used it, don't bother.

The purpose of links is not to earn you money; it's to aid the reader, and providing links to items that are not the topic of the hub don't do that.

jeffzodposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I used a product from Amazon that was related to my hub.

1. sallybea profile image98
          sallybeaposted 2 months agoin reply to this

All your questions and answers can be found in the learning centre.  In particular, there is a whole paragraph on exactly how to use the Amazon Capsules.  http://hubpages.com/faq/

2. wilderness profile image92
          wildernessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

"Related" is not enough.  If the hub isn't about that product (in the title, maybe) or you don't discuss it at length, then it isn't related closely enough.

2. bbanks27 profile image83
    bbanks27posted 2 months ago

The way I remember is that you have to basically "sell" your title. If you can sell your title, then you can do an amazon link. For example, I wrote a product review on Gold Bond Healing Lotion. Which means, I can use the amazon link for it. Do you see what I mean?

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months agoin reply to this

That's a bit too restricting.   Your product must be relevant to the title, that's a different thing.

So for instance, you might write a Hub about how to sew a quilt.   In one paragraph, you explain that it is much easier to do a particular sewing technique for the quilt if you have a special tool.  You explain why you recommend it.  Then you can include that tool in an Amazon capsule.  You're not "selling your title", but it is still relevant to the title.

3. jeffzod profile image60

Ok, if the product must be related to the content in the hub, what is the best way to include Amazon products?

4. pen promulgates profile image78
    pen promulgatesposted 2 months ago

Jeffzod, post the pink of the rejected hub. We will help you how you can tweak your hub. Also, we can tell whether the Amazon capsule is relevant and necessary or not smile

Ok, thanks pen

5. jeffzod profile image60

Hey guys here is my article please help me out https://hubpages.com/food/Appetite-for-Seduction

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

As others have stated, we can't see your hub. However, as you have no featured hubs yet, it might be a good idea to stop worrying about Amazon links and focus on getting at least one article featured.

My hubs have been de-featured for a while.They have some concerns about auto traffic.

6. pen promulgates profile image78

We can't access it as it's not published. The email you received from the QAP, has the link to be posted in the forum. It's at bottom. Create a new thread with that. Mention specifically, you need advice on Amazon links (as stated by quality).

7. pen promulgates profile image78

You are three month old on HP. They won't de-feature your hub for traffic issues in such short span.

I had some auto traffic program running on my computer and it caused a huge traffic surge to my hubs and they de-fetured my hubs for a week.

1. Marisa Wright profile image95
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 months agoin reply to this

You're very lucky they didn't ban you forever.

8. pen promulgates profile image78

Ha ha, getting too much traffic is also a problem? :-D

1. psycheskinner profile image79
      psycheskinnerposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Only if it is "fake" or automated traffic.  That can cause you to lose your Adsense account, so Hubpages has to take it very seriously.

9. peter Michael kil profile image65
    peter Michael kilposted 2 months ago

Another altenative is to make your article featured first , then Add amazon products

working