jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

So when can I break up hubs into multiple pages?

1. davidlivermore profile image89
    davidlivermoreposted 2 months ago

Since we are now focusing on a mobile format, when can I break up hubs into multiple pages?  (i.e. 10 Things You Didn't Know About Soap, You'll Be Amazed By #8!).  With each one on it's own page, of course, with tons of ads littered throughout the page.

This way, when someone tries to tap on the "next" arrow, an ad suddenly loads and you tap that instead!

That is where HubPages is going, correct?

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Ugh... I hope not. I hate pages like that.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months agoin reply to this

David:  I see that you have been here for five years or so.  Have you not been paying attention to what has been going on?  Placing "tons of ads" on hubs will keep them from being featured.  Writing just to sell is frowned upon.

You need to read the blog updates and review the learning center, especially the part about spammy elements and how to place ads.

2. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 2 months ago

Do your readers a favour and dont add clickbait sentences like "You'll Be Amazed by #8!" It's annoying. There is a difference between an excellent, SEO-friendly title and something baiting readers like those awful 20-page ad-covered websites where you have to click eight times for the information you want.

3. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 2 months ago

And adding things where readers are "tricked" into clicking an ad by accident is just wrong. Please don't do it.

I don't think David meant that he wants to do it. It's because HP is becoming mobile-friendly, so he's sort of pre-empting. I'd say it's unlikely to happen.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

I disagree.  I think he was fishing for advice on this one.  Very bad idea.

1. davidlivermore profile image89
          davidlivermoreposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I was being sarcastic.  HP is going mobile-friendly, but I'm afraid it could go the way of those other sites, where you click to get through a list, one page at a time.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

Sorry.  I misunderstood your intent.  However, I doubt you will ever see that happen with HP.  The team is very strict, as you already know, about what they'll accept for publication.

I wish they were a little more picky about the advertising that appears on our hubs big_smile

4. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 2 months ago

Yeah. Uh, no.

5. UnnamedHarald profile image93
    UnnamedHaraldposted 2 months ago

As a user, I regularly block websites that tease and require clicking NEXT (clickbait) and I have nothing but scorn and a mandatory block on websites that try to confuse me with a NEXT that is an ad. If Hubpages were to provide tools to enable this sort of behavior, I would take all my toys and leave.

working