jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

suggestions from writers

1. Shushi Sheikh profile image70
    Shushi Sheikhposted 4 weeks ago

hi guys i want to improve my writing skills to write effectively on this plateform.my first article is published.i   want to improve my writing skills .kindly guide me to improve my writings .thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.Eagerly waiting for your replies.article name is innovative no bake oreo brownies.

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Shushi,

I suggest you find some website that will help you work on your English language skills. We don't have that facility here. It is possible for some of the community to help you get your hubs approved but we can't give you English lessons.

Only hubs with a high standard of English will be featured and moved to niche sites.

I took a quick look at your Oreo Brownies hub. Here are my suggestions:

*Remove the period/full top from the title.
      *You have typed a big chunk of text into the subheading box. Take it out and put it into the main text capsule.
      *There is always a space after a full stop/period and a comma.
      *Sentences always begin with a capital letter.
      *You have capitalised some of the text unnecessarily.
      * 'Superove' is not a word. 'Stic' should be 'stick'. 'Decor' should be 'decorate'.
      *Remove the bold and italics. Messy formatting doesn't make your article look better.
      *Use a spell checker. There are several mistyped words.
      *You've added the Nigella Lawson video twice.
      *Remove the links to FaceBook.

Go and improve your English then come back to HubPages and try again. You have a lovely writing voice and it won't take you long to get it up to the required standard.

Best of luck.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

What Raggededge said...plus...why did you use all capital letters in your summary?  This is a BIG no-no.

When writing online, every single little detail matters, be it spelling, punctuation, grammar, topic, title, summary, formatting, images...you name it. 

I agree that your ability with the English language needs some help.  Many school districts offer free ESOL classes, and you should take a few of them before trying to write here.

2. Shushi Sheikh profile image70
    Shushi Sheikhposted 4 weeks ago

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

working