jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Removing authorized sites in Google Adsense

1. Michael Kismet profile image96
    Michael Kismetposted 2 months ago

Google Adsense lets you authorize specific sites that can use your Adsense code. My question is how do I remove a site I added but no longer use? I know we can disable a specific site, but how do we remove it from the list completely?

I'm on like 11 different niche sites and my blogs, etc, and so forth and it's starting to get cumbersome. I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to things-on-a-list-I-can't-remove that do not need to be there. I've been out of the loop with everything, so please bear with me.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

I know what you mean. I call it good housekeeping.  However I haven't found a way to get rid of them either.

1. Michael Kismet profile image96
      Michael Kismetposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you for responding, Marisa.  At least now I don't feel like the only one that is irked by this.

But I was thinking they must have a reason for not letting us remove added URLs, even if they become obsolete to us. If anyone can enlighten me as to why I would appreciate it.  It would help to alleviate my OCD.

3. stephenteacher profile image76
    stephenteacherposted 2 months ago

You can't remove the site, just the authorization. I believe this changed when they redid the design. Some have guessed the reason is because as long as it generated stats for you, it needs to be in your system for historical purposes. As long as you remove the authorization, you're fine. That way even if someone put your code to be malicious, it won't matter.

working