jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Making a website

1. JoannaBlackburn profile image88
    JoannaBlackburnposted 2 months ago

I found a place called wix.com.  has anyone used them before.  I am new at making a website and was wondering if anyone on here has had any dealings with them.

1. Solaras profile image98
      Solarasposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I have.  It is easy to make great looking websites on Wix.  However, SEO is more challenging on their platform, you can now pin images from Wix, but you have to set each image up for Pinterest. 

And it is difficult to add code to their sites.  So if you want to add affiliate code, you may not be able to do it unless there is an app for the affiliate you are working with.  They keep the code locked up so you can't blow-up your website and cause a support issue for them.

JoannaBlackburnposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Thank you, what about links, are they fairly easy to do on there? I'll be linking to my books and here to hubpages.

2. lions44 profile image100
      lions44posted 2 months agoin reply to this

I use Webs, Inc. for my website.  Very easy to use. Nice layout capabilities.  I've tried several and that's the best one so far.

2. paperfacets profile image93
    paperfacetsposted 2 months ago

I tried Wix and Weebley and ended up with Wordpress. If you want to know more about Wordpress email me, because I do not think I can promote Hosts here.

JoannaBlackburnposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Wordpress was too difficult for me.  I learn as I go, I started the layout for wix and was just wondering about them. But thanks anyway

working