How to learn backlinking, blogging, website development and ......

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (32 posts)
  1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

Well, I have decided to let adsense do their work in their own way. I would better carry my learning campaign to the next step and learn whatever I need to learn to become successful as an affiliate and writer. To date I have been an exciting hubber who wanted to earn and learn but now I want to be a professional who knows what exactly he is doing and I think it's the right way to go. I don't want to search for jobs after my graduation and I have 3 years to prepare myself to be self employed. I don't know exactly from where to start and what to read. Till now I have read hubs by misha, sunforged, mark Knowles, Susan S, Alison Graham, TerryGl, shazwellyn, Marisa Wright, Edweirdo, Peter Hoggan, skyfire, darkside, Rebeca E and many more. I am going back to all the hubs I have read again to brush up my current knowledge first. But then what?

I need your guideline and step by step instructions. What to learn after what? So, please give me a learning list and help me to learn suggesting reliable resources. I would love to have you as a teacher. And remember I am a quick learner and a very hard worker when demanded. I need free resources as I can't pay now. If I need any institutional courses please mention that. Mail me or post here.

Thank You.

Note: I am a new internet user and don't have knowledge of programming and things like these but I surely would love to learn. I only have the basic understanding of SEO.

1. theobrl profile image60
      theobrlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Saleheen,

Read the 4-Hour Work Week By Tim Ferriss.

ProBlogger is also helpful.

Man, U gotta plenty of time. It's perfectly possible to build an automatic income stream in three years.

You'll be earning thousands by the time you leave college. You sound like you are determined to achieve your goal.

Keep us posted and good luck!

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

If you want to create your own sites to do affiliate marketing, I would suggest that you become familiar with Shareasale.com, Linkshare.com, and CommissionJunction.com. These are the major networks that support most of the affiliate programs. Amazon is just one of thousands. Don't bother with the Google Affiliate Network, because that requres membership in Adsense. There are programs at ShareaSale that autoapprove everyone. So you might want to start there.

Then learn how to use datafeeds. The free and easy way to do this is with Golden Can. Find out which merchants participate and then try to get into their programs.

You'll need your own website to show most of these merchants, so that's a must. But know what's available and then create a site for affiliates. Don't create the site and then try to find an affiliate program. Just take one step at a time. It will feel a bit overwhelming, but that's normal. Good Luck!

saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will go and check these now.

3. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

I know it sounds tired, but the best thing you can do is research.
    The Hubbers you mentioned are excellent and I have learned a lot for them myself, but there is no substitute for you own research and trial and error.
    There is a lot of SEO info out there outside Hub Pages on Google, even from Google itself.

Don't limit yourself and read everything.
    And keep an open mind, just not so open your brain falls out...LOL

4. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Saleheen,

Check out Thisisoli - http://hubpages.com/profile/thisisoli

I'm pretty sure he covers most of your basic information to get you started. smile

It helps, thank you very much smile

5. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years ago

Saleheen's Blog.

Most information is recycled on the net. The best way of getting ahead is reading the information that nobody else is reading! For that, you need to read books and magazines in addition to what you learn on the web. smile

6. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

stop reading.

start acting   .

Just Do

I will do a 60dc challenge myself in this February-March. Before that I want to make my conceptions clear. By this time I will write more also. Thanks. smile

2. sabrebIade profile image80
      sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL...that was my point.
      You just said it more Yoda-like!

3. simeonvisser profile image68
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I feel that's just the best way. There are so many ways to promote products in a niche and the best way to become good at it is to have a lot of experience under your belt.

If I knew what I was doing, I would be doing it differently but until then I'll just do something.

4. itech profile image65
      itechposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, I got it... I'll now rarely do unproductive works... hmm

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I think you are already on the right road, you are putting a lot of research and effort in to this, and it will pay off.  The problem with Google Adsense is a set back, but nothing more, keep buildign up that netword, maybe start a blogger blog on a niche, build your own website, and continue working hard at Hubpages.  As you grow your online presense you will improve in a million ways you never eve knew existed.

In the future I am pretty sure Adsense will accept you, simply because you are trying to do things the right way.

Until thrn, just keep writing, research how to write, as well as how to SEO, that way you can engage readers even more.  It will also mean you will hopefully have not only pre-existing content, but also pre existing traffic when you are finally able to put those adsense ads up.

In the meantime you might want to explore other affiliate networks so that you can make the most of your Hubs.

8. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

Step by Step instruction ? I'll give it a try.

1. Select Niche/product which you feel comfortable to promote.
    2. Register domain name and get hosting from hostgator or other cheap hosts as per your budget.
    3. Install Wordpress and learn how to post and work with plugins.
    4. Install amazon product in post plugin and then use it when you promote amazon products.
    5. Use Goldencan to promote product from multiple affiliate networks.
    6. Write on article directories like hubpages to promote your other sites and also to boost your adsense.
    7. If you are focusing on Adsense then try taking few month's lessons on Thekeywordacademy to improve your adsense income.
    8. Keep writing, reading and implementing stuff from SEO and affiliate marketing.
    9. Done already ? Go to step 6 and keep working.
    10. I like number 10 but there is no step 10.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great job on the summary.

I think that the OP has to accept that he might never get an adsense account. So learning to make money without it, is a great strategy.

There is so much beyond adsense and Amazon.

9. saleheensblog profile image60

Thanks Oli and skyfire. I think I am on track. I am working hard and I hope in near future I will get adsense if I don't I will wait and try other ways you have suggested. I am currently researching for a good niche to start my blog. I am trying to increase my presence in the internet too.

Being busy for my exams I am not writing anything now. But I am building a keyword list for further work and learning SEO related stuffs.

10. saleheensblog profile image60

I am going to start my blog on blogger.

I have a lots of confusion like

~I already have a blogger account. The account was created to post the links of my hubs using "blog this" option under the share section of each hub.
    The blog url is ht tp://saleheensblog.blogspot.com/ So, my sub-domain is saleheensblog?
    ~ Can I create multiple blogs with one profile? saleheensblog is good for nothing.
    ~I can use amazon widget in blogger, right? Is it possible to monetize Blogger blogs with other affiliate networks?
    ~Will I need to update my blogs all the time? If I create 50 posts and don't update anymore what will happen?

11. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

1. yes
    2.yes you can create dozens of blogs (sub-domains) under one google account (profile)
    3.You can use amazon widgets , blogspot actually has one click amazon integration during publishing
    4. Updates - pretty yes for search purposes, a stagnant blog tends to sink in serps unless it was targeted just perfect but Not for any blogspot/google TOS rules

12. saleheensblog profile image60

Update:
    ~I have started a blog on Learning and teaching English as a second language and published 3 blogs posts [each with over 400 words].
    ~I have tried to create a layout so that the blog looks like a complete website.
    ~Signed in for Chitika and inserted their ads in the blog.
    ~Applied for another affliate network [Learn a language in 10 days] from ShareASale and waiting for approval.

Need to know:
    ~How to backlink for the blog? Will I backlink for each post or for the total blog.

1. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

For a keyword query google rank pages based on the no of backlinks to the individual pages. So my advice is backlink to individual pages are more important than the blog.

thanks, i thought so

13. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

That's a very good reading list.  I'm not sure I can add much to what the others have said.  EXCEPT that I think you are AMAZING - you have a great goal - AND I wish you every success salenheen!

1. iamalegend profile image60
      iamalegendposted 13 years agoin reply to this

valuable points here from everyone.Great;)

14. Singular Investor profile image69
    Singular Investorposted 13 years ago

Don't make too many blogs on the same blogger account - limit yourself to around 5 blogs - if you want more blogger blogs create a new account with a new email address

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why?

I have three blogger accounts in use and each one hosts around 20 - 30 blogs.

roll

how do you backlink so many blogs? I think unlike hubs blogs need lots of backlinks to rank well. Am I right?

1. Singular Investor profile image69
          Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Saleheen - yes it's a nuisance getting backlinks to lots of blogs - there are services available that will do it for you (read Misha's hubs) - but if you do it yourself it requires quite  a lot of time, but hopefully your blogs will continue to make money for many years to come (that is the plan anyway)

2. Singular Investor profile image69
        Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's just what I've been told by other bloggers - it's best not to have all your blogs related in too obvious a way especially if you are using Adsense on them all - if you have 20 or 30 on each acccount with no problem maybe I have been given the wrong advice

15. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

You will only get blogger accounts removed if their content is spun, poor quality, or obvious spam as far as I am aware.

16. olvus profile image60
    olvusposted 13 years ago

For me personally, the best source of knowledge on SEO, linkbuilding, internet marketing, etc. - warriorforum.com

17. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Hub Pages is an excellent place to start learning and testing what you've learned, especially about keyword research, finding a niche, on-page SEO, and getting helpful tips.

Warrior Forum, NamePro.com, and a few other forums are excellent resources for information on Internet and Affiliate Marketing, SEO, domains, etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)