jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Help improving my article

1. trotter2099 profile image81
    trotter2099posted 2 weeks ago

I would like some help improving my article How to make mead I feel like it's missing something but I am not sure what.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 weeks ago

I'm going to take a stab at this but it could be the images where the source is Pixabay, but if you click on the source link you are taken to something called ad.f.ly or something like that. It looks suspicious to me.

Also your title and subheads need to be in Title Case.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

Rupert is right about the source of the photos.  If you've used Pixabay photos, leave the URL field blank - you don't need to link to Pixabay, and you certainly don't need to link to anything else!

You've been here a while but it looks like you're a little out of date with the rules.   I have a Hub on the "Basic Rules" which you'll find on the slider on my profile.  It explains the new Amazon rules in detail.

The mead kit is a good choice of ad, but you need to talk about it as if YOU have personally used it.  Say things like, "I have my own equipment now but I found this kit useful when I was starting out".   If you give a couple of details about it, even better.

The honey ad is more debatable.  Yes, honey is an essential ingredient but why is that honey the best one to buy?   You need to say why you think it is - and if you can't, then you can't include that capsule.   If you decide to keep that product, then you'll have a better chance of getting it through if you make it an in-text link instead of a capsule.

4. Azure11 profile image87
    Azure11posted 2 weeks ago

Very in-depth article!

Only a couple of points - the title isn't a question unless you reword it e.g. How Do You Make Mead? - How to Make Mead is a statement so no question mark required.

I would take off the headings from the 2 pictures and change the captions e.g. instead of captioning the bee photo 'A Bee' I would say something like 'Bees are essential to honey making which is a key ingredient in mead'. For the honey maybe something like 'the flavor of the honey is a big influence on the taste of the mead' - anything rather than stating what it is, which we can already see!

5. trotter2099 profile image81
    trotter2099posted 4 days ago

Thank you for the advice I have actioned all of it so hopefully it is much imporved

working