jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (24 posts)

Adsense Question

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 weeks ago

Does anybody know if there is a way to find out which hubs are earning on Adsense?  I am in the midst of having a huge income spike from Adsense all of a sudden and don't know why!  So far today I've earned more than the top daily amount I have ever earned, and the day is young.  If you have an answer for this, I'm all ears!

1. sallybea profile image99
      sallybeaposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I would like to know that too.  I do know which niche sites the hits are coming from but not which hub.  The past few days have been very good as compared to last month.  CPM has risen too.

2. promisem profile image94
      promisemposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

In AdSense, go to My Ads / URL channels. At the top left, click on New URL Channel and enter the paths of your Hubs.

You will have to wait a day or two before you start getting any data, but you really should wait several weeks or even a few months before you get enough information to see how they are really doing.

In Google Analytics, go to Behavior / Publisher / Overview to get that version of the revenue by Hub.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks.  I think I figured out why the big jump in earnings today...It's labor day weekend and some really big advertisers have placed ads on my highest  page view hugs...Walmart, Best Buy, Verizon plus some automobile companies.  That has to be it.  If it continues, I will almost double my highest paying day ever by the time this day ends.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

That's nice smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 2 weeks ago

Alas, we are told the sites, but not the hubs. Actually, I suspect the info might be available via Analytics, don't know.

3. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 2 weeks ago

I'm not sure whether this would work, but you can try and see.

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/126138?hl=en

I think you're right.  I seem to remember Glenn Stok saying that you have to type in the URL for each hub on the Adsense page to get earnings updates.  I just finished inputting all of my Timetraveler URLs in, so we'll see if it works.  Kind of tedious to do, and I think it will be tricky to pick out one hub to see what the earnings are,but maybe someone knows a shortcut.

Did you input the URL from each hub into the top right of the page and if so, did it show anywhere on the page. I did one and got no result below.   I got the impression that one could only do this if one owned the site?

No.  I input each URL right on the Adsense page where you can add URLs to your list.  I think it takes 24 hours before they start showing  up though.

Thank you.

4. paperfacets profile image88
    paperfacetsposted 2 weeks ago

The Analytics pages give you HP page by real time and "today" searches. You could pretty well guess which Hub is paying out by seeing which hub page is getting all the views in the last few hours.

5. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 2 weeks ago

I wrote a detailed illustrated tutorial on this.
    You can find it on my profile page.
    Look for "Tracking Hubs on AdSense: Step-By-Step Picture Guide"

Thanks, Glenn.  Will take a look see.

2. sallybea profile image99

Thank you, Glenn

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92

I don't see where to click on "rows per page".  Please clarify

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
        Glenn Stokposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

It's at the bottom of the page. The default only lists five at a time. I'll make that clearer in the hub.

It only lets you list 20 max, but what if there are more?

Also, I input most of this info yesterday but when I click on "view report" it says no data available .  Is there a lag time between when you set this up and when it first appears?

Mine was a mess.  I had started doing this years ago and then got tired of the tedium...so all of the URLs were wrong!  I copied and pasted each URL individually yesterday...120 of them.  Didn't know you could do the CSV transfer thingy.  Live and learn!

If you have more than 20 domains (niche sites), just click the right arrow ">" to see the additional domains.  I just included an image of that in my tutorial.

You may have to wait a little longer, but did you confirm you approved all your niche sites? Also, click on "Today" otherwise you won't see anything until tomorrow. The "last 7 days" setting does not include today.

I know you're using AdSense fully, rather than the HubPages Ad Program, so you should be seeing a lot of data.

Yep, all are approved and confirmed.   I didn't click "today" though.  I keep seeing "no data available" every time I click on "view report".  I assume that's where I should be clicking, right?

Since you just added your hubs today, you need to change the date range to "today" in order to see anything.

I did that but everything  I click on shows almost no earnings when I know I'm doing much better than that because I can see my daily performance report for all sites.  However, now stuff is showing up, so maybe I'll just wait awhile.  Thanks for helping, Glenn...you're a good man!

It's only been a few hours. Tomorrow you should see much more data showing up. Thanks for the kind remarks Sondra.

working