jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Can't see where broken links are?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 weeks ago

Broken links used to be highlighted in yellow, not it seems they are not? This makes it much harder to find and fix them.  I am using Firefox, is it any better in any of the other browsers.

1. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 13 days ago in reply to this

Hello psycheskinner, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This bug has been reported to the engineers and they are currently working on a resolution.

2. Glenn Stok profile image93
    Glenn Stokposted 2 weeks ago

I saw someone else said the same thing. It's possible that the yellow highlighting had been broken with the latest update. I've noticed a number of things that were damaged and I reported them.

In any case,  you can still see which links are broken by simply looking at your hub outside of edit, just as the public sees it.
    Any broken links will be c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶.

1. Barbara Kay profile image88
      Barbara Kayposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks Glen. I've had a hub that I just couldn't figure out which link was bad. This helped and I've taken care of it now.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 weeks ago

Yes, I also found it help.  I had been getting the url from the broken links list and scrolling over links looking for it.  This is a bit quicker.  I still hope the highlighting will be returned.

4. makingamark profile image68
    makingamarkposted 2 weeks ago

I use my Chrome Extension called "Check My Links" - it's brilliant and super fast

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
      DzyMsLizzyposted 13 days ago in reply to this

Never heard of that extension, makingamark; but I do miss the highlighting.  It is rather a pain in the drain to have to go in outside of edit mode, when that used to be the quick and easy way to find and fix the problem.

1. makingamark profile image68
        makingamarkposted 13 days ago in reply to this

You can check any page any time and it tells you the status of all the links on the page
        OK = Green
        Dead = Red

5. Glenn Stok profile image93
    Glenn Stokposted 13 days ago

Link checker browser extensions

For Chrome: Check My Links
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … f?hl=en-GB

For Firefox: LinkChecker
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo … nkchecker/

working