jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

HP Faq on Broken Links has a broken link

1. NateB11 profile image96
    NateB11posted 8 months ago

Ironically, the HP FAQ on Broken Links has a link that leads to a 404 Not Found page on the site it's directed to. The FAQ page here: http://hubpages.com/faq/#broken-link-check

An aside, though relevant, I still have a warning about a broken link from one of my Hubs, but the link is not a broken link. Been like that for years, I've brought it up a few times. If it doesn't affect anything I don't care about it.

1. Will Apse profile image92
      Will Apseposted 8 months agoin reply to this

I worry about you, Nate, lol.

NateB11posted 8 months agoin reply to this

Me too.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for letting us know, I've just fixed the link in the FAQ. It looks like the free link checker we originally recommended is no longer available, so I've added a new one. smile

Cool. Thanks, Christy.

2. lobobrandon profile image91
    lobobrandonposted 8 months ago

Damn! I thought it was there to show people an example of a broken link. I was wrong smile

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Hah! That would certainly make some of us on staff laugh, but being helpful is definitely our priority for the FAQ. big_smile

1. lobobrandon profile image91
        lobobrandonposted 8 months agoin reply to this

Haha lol

2. NateB11 profile image96

Lol

3. Will Apse profile image92
    Will Apseposted 8 months ago

Sorry Nate. I was not being unkind, and you did have a valid point about the FAQ link. I just had the feeling you were starting to fall into the SEO rabbit hole with your second point. Which everyone does from time.

Given Google's power and inscrutability, we are forced to live in a medieval world of signs and portends.

SEO is a dark forest, SEO experts are our soothsayers and the whole thing preys on one's mind, lol.

Actually, I thought it was funny, even though I really didn't understand what you meant.

Fact is, I care less and less about SEO these days and more and more about finding a job. Circumstances have a way of changing your outlook.

working