jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why are there so many broken links on Hubpages images from garbled urls?

1. Ilonagarden profile image87
    Ilonagardenposted 3 years ago

Why are there so many broken links on Hubpages images from garbled urls?

I have had to fix numerous "broken links" from image links that start with http://ttp:// or something similar. It seems like the system messed them up, and wonder if anyone knows why.

2. Thomas Swan profile image96
    Thomas Swanposted 3 years ago

I can only add my confusion to yours. The same thing occurred on one of my hubs. I'd like to know why and how Hubpages was able to change image links within hubs without the consent of authors.

1. Dressage Husband profile image81
      Dressage Husbandposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I suspect it was not HP but more likely a spammer got access somehow. Although it could have also just been a programming issue when HP were changing site features too. Maybe Matthew Meyers could enlighten us on that?

2. Ilonagarden profile image87
      Ilonagardenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The most likely answer is a programming glitch I imagine. That is, if others also experienced it.

3. Thomas Swan profile image96
      Thomas Swanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yea, probably a glitch, but it's a little alarming that authored content can seemingly be changed by a glitch.

3. janshares profile image95
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Ilona, This happened to several of my hubs and to others as well. You may want to post this in the forums under "Technical Problems." There was a post about this last week that Matthew addressed implying that it was not a system problem. However, I don't recall that it was resolved and kept happening.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yeah, i have been having broken links too, better test the url links again

5. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

These have nothing to do with HP. I have gone searching for broken links and they are missing at the other end.

working