jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: The Vatican: Night and Day

1. Jesse Spaghetti profile image60
    Jesse Spaghettiposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article The Vatican: Night and Day (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image99
      theraggededgeposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Hi Jesse, welcome to HubPages,

I like your article a lot - instead of just the usual run-of-the-mill travel article, you've taken an interesting viewpoint.

Some suggestions:

Your images must be legal to use, i.e. owned by you, published under a Creative Commons license or in the Public Domain. It's a good idea to put the source in the appropriate box in the image capsule.

Don't bunch your images together, spread them out throughout the hub. Make sure to use the best quality images possible.

Don't use &, write 'and' in full.;

"at the peek hours" - should be 'peak'.

Alternate 'skip the line' with 'jump the queue'. Not all HP readers are in the US.

Watch out for rogue capitalisation - as in Aperitifs. Should be lower case.

The article finishes abruptly - can you add a section to wind it down?

Hope that helps.

1. Jesse Spaghetti profile image60
        Jesse Spaghettiposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Very helpful, thank you very much. I really appreciate your feedback!

2. pen promulgates profile image41
    pen promulgatesposted 3 months ago

Hey Jesse, welcome!
    I agree with Bev, it's a very distinct and  lovely article.
    I seriously can't find the reason why it hasn't cleared the QAP except for the images part Bev has pointed out.
    However, I have these suggestions.
    Your article gives specific information (which is brilliant), so you can rework the title accordingly. What I mean is, as you have given more emphasis to the breakfast part and to one place to visit at night, you can alter the title that way. Currently, night and day (in your title) hints at broader range of activities to do.

2) You may consider to increase the length of the article around 800 to 1000 words.

3) The article is so engaging that I didn't believe it ended when I finished the last line. I thought there was more. Have a conclusion.

Hope these help.
    Good luck.

working