jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Hurricane Irma

1. bac2basics profile image89
    bac2basicsposted 3 months ago

I just wanted to say I hope that all my HP friends who live in the path of this terrible event have taken all precautions and will be safe.
    My thoughts are with you all.
    Anne.

1. kenneth avery profile image85
      kenneth averyposted 3 months agoin reply to this

bac2basics:
      Such a tender thought. I join in your thoughts with those on HP and ask that WE ALL devote a moment of silent (or spoken) petition for these innocent souls.

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
        paradigmsearchposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Agreed.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thank you  so much.  We evacuated Thursday morning and sure are happy we did.  It was a little rough getting out of town due to gas  shortages, areas of traffic congestion and lack of campground site availability, but now we are settled and safe in our RV and are carefully monitoring the storm on TV. Good thing we left...Tampa Bay, which is where we live, is probably going to take a very big hit!

To be honest, one of the big reasons we've always kept an RV is that we knew some day a big storm would come and we knew that by having it, at least we'd have a roof over our heads if things went south.

1. Glenn Stok profile image100
        Glenn Stokposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Hope you are safe wherever it is you are now with your RV.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months agoin reply to this

Thanks Glenn:

We are fine.  We couldn't go East, South or North, so we had to go West.  However, we had to be careful not to go too far or we would have run into the problems from hurricane Harvey in TX!  So, we ended up in Gulfport, MS at a family campground that has full basic facilities and is reasonably priced and is close to entertainment venues, beaches, etc...so it will be kind of a little vacation!

Where we live in FL took a smaller hit than most places, but electric is out,there is no gasoline and roads are unsafe for driving right now. So, we'll be where we are for awhile.

Could be a lot worse!

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 3 months ago

Yes, be safe!

3. Faisal Ismail profile image60
    Faisal Ismailposted 3 months ago

Thanks. You too stay safe

working