jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

Did anyone else get this email? Is it legit or a scam?

1. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 4 weeks ago

wilson (wilsonm@globaladspace.com)
    has sent you this message.

Hi,

Hope you are doing great!!

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Martin Wilson . I am Publisher Relation Manager at Globaladspace.com.

We have checked your site and we are very much interested in buying your websites traffic(Display / Video). We are currently working with many websites similar to yours and are achieving the best results possible. I am sure that you will attain the best results you are looking for with Globaladspace.com. We make timely payouts and provides the best support.

Sign up to the link provided below and you will receive your Tags within 24 hours.

http://globaladspace.com/PublisherRegistration

I am looking forward to working together and assisting you with any inquiries, you may have.

Thanking you,

Wilson

20225, BOTHELL EVERETT HIGHWAY #1511

BOTHELL, WA 98012.

-------

Is this email inappropriate? Report it as spam or abusive.

Replying to this message directly will reveal your email address to the sender. If you prefer not to be contacted through HubPages, please change your email preferences.

Did anyone else get an email like this?

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image86
      Ivan Hernandezposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Nope.  Not me. The only e-mails I received from hubpages were that one of my articles got moved to a vertical site, a reply to another one of my articles, and your forum post, poppy.

2. Ivan Hernandez profile image86

the best way to check to see if that email is legit is to have it sent through a fraud detection program. if it passes, then good news, you are successful. if it is fraudulent, DELETE THE EMAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITHOUT A RESPONSE AND REPORT THAT EMAIL AS FRAUDULENT!

3. Ivan Hernandez profile image86

THEN DELETE THE EMAIL!!! IT LOOKS WAY TOO SPAMMY!!!

What's more, you don't have a website, poppy. You just have over 150 articles, almost all of them are on vertical sites. You have found success here.

4. kenneth avery profile image80
      kenneth averyposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I am not going to find out--got an uneasy feeling about this one.

5. promisem profile image94
      promisemposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I get those emails all of the time because I work online for a living and manage sites for various clients.

Absolutely do not work with any company offering ad services without researching their reputation. Dozens of them come and go every year. Most are fairly legit, but they often end up serving ads with malware because they don't have strict security controls in place to block unethical advertisers.

Most reputable sites play it safe by sticking to networks like Google AdSense or Bing Ads, which do have strict controls.

Once Google and Bing detect malware on your site from ads, they could end up penalizing it.

Just say no thanks.

Or delete it, poppy. It's not worth the risk.

6. greenmind profile image92
      greenmindposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Sorry but duh, no, this is trash.

7. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Notice they don't say your name nor do they specifically reference what your website is. It's likely canned.

8. NateB11 profile image93
      NateB11posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Looks like he wants you to join his ad program which is something you can't use with your HP account because admin here takes care of monetization. So, yeah, that's a spam email or a phishing scam.

9. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Yep,     I got the same one awhile back. Since it made no sense whatsoever, I deleted it.

2. sallybea profile image98
    sallybeaposted 4 weeks ago

Looks incredibly unprofessional to me + what website is he talking about, your own or HubPages?  Do you have a website of your own?

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 weeks ago

Personally, I'd have hit the delete button before even halfway finishing it.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 weeks ago

Spam-a-dee-SPAM! Delete, ignore, destroy.

Yep, same here.
    I get messages like those in my work e-mail from time to time - even though I have absolutely nothing to do with my company's web site or its advertising. Haha.

5. poppyr profile image92
    poppyrposted 4 weeks ago

Thank you, everyone smile deleted and forgotten.

Ivan Hernandezposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Youre welcome, poppy.

6. Glenn Stok profile image94
    Glenn Stokposted 4 weeks ago

It looks like it was sent through the "contact the author" link. HubPages puts that warning at the bottom saying that if you reply, you are giving the sender your email address.

He probability sent it to many Hubbers, possibly in an effort to collect email addresses that he can sell to spammers. Also, if it were legit, he would have noticed that you are not the owner of the domain.

As others have said, it is obvious that it's fake. And it's unprofessionally written, which is another clue. I saw several punctuation errors in his writing. Definitely something to ignore.

It's good that you deleted it.

working