jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Has anyone else been REJECTED by Ebay?

1. NYMiskovic profile image69
    NYMiskovicposted 8 years ago

Has anyone else been REJECTED by Ebay?

So, I applied to be an Ebay affiliate 4 weeks ago when I signed up at hubpages and I just received a rather generic email two days ago stating that my application could not be accepted at this time.  Of course there was no explanation and my attempts to email them to ask why or how to get approved, I get a response stating that my email cannot be sent. 
    Has anyone else had this problem?   Any suggestions?

2. Isabellas profile image77
    Isabellasposted 8 years ago

Yes, I had the same problem. Even with the contacting them issue as well. It is terrible that they do this because I know one of my hubs would have led to massive sales for them because it was on lawn mowers. Which some of the EBay items on that section were selling for big bucks which I know from my own EBay selling experience would have given them a ton of commission!

3. wesleycox profile image79
    wesleycoxposted 8 years ago

I've yet to be approved.  Maybe one day Ebay will wake up and be like, "wow, we should respond quicker to sell more stuff."
    One can only dream though.

4. donotfear profile image89
    donotfearposted 8 years ago

I'm not surprised by this from Ebay. You only have to read the forums on the Ebay site to see how they've dropped in sales and customer service. If nothing happens with affilitate approval, I'm gonna pull all their ads from my hubs. The ads are there, but I don't get credit for them.

5. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

I too have been rejected.  This, even though I have a star, whatever, for having a good reputation for selling a bunch of stuff on auction from my "decluttering" rampage about a year or so ago.  But then I have not been active there lately.  (What have I done for them lately? Nothing.)

They are very unclear, but I think perhaps we each need a good website under our own account - our own URL - and apply with that.  Maybe someday I'll get aroundtuit and see.

If that works, then MAYBE we can also put eBay ads on HubPages.

If not, looks like they have "jumped the shark."

6. conundrum profile image74
    conundrumposted 8 years ago

Yes, this happened to me too. I can't even activate my account because I can't access it--"my email is not yet recognized." It then tells me to "look for an email in the next few days." I think it's been about a week since I attempted to sign up.

Wish I did have some suggestions...besides pull all ebay ads from your Hubs.

7. scoobydeb profile image76
    scoobydebposted 7 years ago

I have nothing good to say about ebay's affiliate program. I was an affiliate for about a year and had placed numerous links throughout my websites only to have ebay send me notification that they had chosen to close my affiliate account for some canned BS reason and had five days to remove all their affiliate links.

I googled and found I was most definitely not alone. That's a pretty crappy business practice.

8. PegCole17 profile image93
    PegCole17posted 7 years ago

I was rejected by eBay in 2009 when I started with HubPages. Although I had a 100 percent rating from selling off the remains of my Antique store they provided a list of 6 offensive reasons, "any of which" may have been the reason for my disapproval. Since that time I have not listed any new items for sale on the site. I consider it their loss as there are many products which I would have eagerly promoted.

9. Sethareal profile image76
    Setharealposted 6 years ago

FEEBAY

I choose not to use them because their service is terrible.

working