Plus and Minuses On Deleting Comments.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image95
    TessSchlesingerposted 6 months ago

I delete comments.

I delete them for two reasons.

1. The comments are off topic, i.e. they are unrelated to the content of the hub.

2. I take my responsibility to the earth community seriously, and will not allow fake news, unsubstantiated opinion, or propaganda of any sort to in any way influence my readers. This includes the opinions of religionists, Republicans, or the merely uneducated and less-than-bright. I am of the opinion (rightly or wrongly) that if one wants to have an opinion, then it ought to be based on a solid foundation of fact, i.e. empirical evidence.

3.Sometimes it's just trolling.

4. Sometimes people use my space and following to promote their own stuff. Sorry, not going to happen. I will delete anything which has a link that leads elsewhere.

Does this mean that I'm removing someone's freedom of speech? Not at all. They have all the right in the world to go write their own hub, sound off about it on their social welfare site, speak to their family, friends, and neighbours, etc. The fact that I won't permit them to sound off on my threads, hubs, or articles, is my legal and moral right to hear and promote only what I see fit.

What say you?

2. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 6 months ago

I say that you are right. I do the same thing unless it leads along a discussion.

1. kenneth avery profile image84
      kenneth averyposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Amen, Barbara.

working