jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Do you feel bad deleting comments?

1. Danieljohnston profile image88
    Danieljohnstonposted 5 years ago

Do you feel bad deleting comments?

I don't mean removing comments that disagree, as it is important to have many viewpoints - I mean comments that are just really low quality, are a pain to read, or feel like spam.

2. profile image0
    Vrijdag Pagesposted 5 years ago

Never have and I have my comments set so I need to approve them. I am fed up with seeing this trashy, bloody set of comments where people send you "great go to here blah blah to learn more".

3. Cherrietgee profile image78
    Cherrietgeeposted 5 years ago

The only comments I have deleted are those that seem like spam.

Other than that, I don't remove comments. I may not agree with all the comments that are left and some of them really are a "pain to read" as you said. However, I feel that it would be disrepectful and demeaning if I were to delete those comments. I feel like I'd be saying that their words aren't important.

1. Danieljohnston profile image88
      Danieljohnstonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Like, I deleted this comment. "Facw book is starting to b a joke"... Its horrible to read and doesn't really give anything to a discussion or feedback...

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I wouldn't feel bad.  The Hub and its environment belong to the author and the author as the right to delete, approve, or change the hub in any way they want.

1. profile image0
      Vrijdag Pagesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Here here, spoken so truly

5. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

I removed the comment capsule for a week once, I had 26 spam comments from guess users in about 4-5 hrs. I just remove the comments completely waited a week and everything went back to normal. I hate spam or just plain rude comments especially when they won't leave a name.

6. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

You should never feel bad, as it is your Hub and you decide what contaminates your content and/or what adds to it.  I generally only delete the obvious spam and the ones who consistently say the same thing over and over without adding to the discussion or article, etc.

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i've never removed any comments and i don't ever plan to.

8. dezalyx profile image95
    dezalyxposted 5 years ago

I just deleted my first "feels like spam" comment today. I felt bad at first, but when I read the answers here, I don't feel bad anymore.

9. Indigo7 profile image59
    Indigo7posted 5 years ago

You shouldn't feel guilty deleting something you think is either spam/ you just don't want it there. Yes you are very right in saying that everyone is entitled to their own view point but to an extent.

10. agirlnamedmichael profile image58
    agirlnamedmichaelposted 5 years ago

I don't feel bad if they are not adding anything to your hub. Also, if they are just being mean, I delete immediately...just deny them.

11. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, I really do. I don't normally delete comments unless they become belligerent or personal. There is a line that can be crossed.

working