jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Leave as is or split into two?

1. Sustainable Sue profile image98
    Sustainable Sueposted 2 months ago

I just submitted this hub to Owlcation.  But I'm still not sure about whether I should split it into two articles/hubs or leave it as one. What do you suggest?

https://hubpages.com/politics/Man-and-N … ural-World

2. paradigmsearch profile image92
    paradigmsearchposted 2 months ago

You were wise not to submit to HealDove. However, having "Health" in the title still might doom your hub from the start re: Google's phobia. Substituting "Wellbeing" might sneak it by, but I'm just guessing.

I'd keep it as one hub, we all know Google loves depth.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

I used to recommend keeping Hubs to a maximum of 1,500 words.   Recently, Paul Edmonson posted to say he noticed Hubs up to 2,500 words were doing well.

I haven't checked your word count, but I'd say if it's under 2,500 words, leave it as is. If it's longer, it's too long.

4. Sustainable Sue profile image98

It's just under 2,000 words, so I'll keep it as is. I did look up "well being" and "health" to see which did best in search. Then I realized that "human health and technology" has an even better rhythm to it and is more appropriate to the article as well. I did a search on "human health" and really scored. So that' s how I'll leave it for now and we'll see what happens.

Thanks for commenting you two. I consider you both experts and appreciate your advice. BTW I submitted to Owlcation, because I have another article about the importance of water to life (under watergeek) that got sent there. I figured they both belong in the same place, since they're similar types of articles. Cheers!

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months agoin reply to this

It doesn't really matter what site you submit to, HubPages will decide which site it's moved to.

When you say "human health" really scored, what do you mean?  How are you checking?

Sustainable Sueposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I'm checking on Google Trends. When I entered "human health" as a search term it scored much higher than "nature and health" or "well being."

OK. My only concern would be, what is someone looking for when they type 'Human Health' into Google?  Will they want to read your article?   What you really need to think is, "what would people be likely to type into Google if they were looking for this information?"

Sustainable Sueposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Hmmm. Good point. I looked just now and mostly what people want, according to Google Trends, are referrals to human health services, which this is not. This is more like prevention . . . I'll need to think about that.

Yes, that's the trouble with using Google Trends.  It's great for ideas, but then you need to drill down and make sure that word or phrase is going to attract the right readers.  If you attract the wrong readers, they either won't click on your Hub, or they will take a look and click back to Google quickly - both of which cause Google to push your Hub further down the rankings.

5. Sustainable Sue profile image98

Aaah. So keeping that in mind I just went back to Google Trends, thinking about what I was really advocating for. I did a few more searches and came up with "quality of life." That's exactly it. Regular interaction with nature increases the quality of life. The term gets high searches too. So I've retitled my hub and reworded some of the subtitles and content. It reads much better and truer now. Thank you both for your help.

working