Article submitted to LetterPile pending for 4 months

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Rafa Baxa profile image78
    Rafa Baxaposted 6 years ago

Hey everyone!

I wrote an article 4 months ago, and submitted it to LetterPile. It's been pending since then. I've submitted to niche sites before but they seemed to accept or reject them within 1 to 2 weeks. Is this normal or is there some other problem?

This is the article I submitted:

https://hubpages.com/literature/Two-Yea … rror-Story

1. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image90
      Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'm not very familiar with that niche, but that time frame seems way too long. Can you contact the editors about it? Usually, when I submit an article to a niche site the editors respond within days.

Rafa Baxaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response!

I didn't know who to contact about this, so I just posted it here.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Are you sure that email from HP is not going to your spam folder?

I am getting all HubPages emails. It's not that I haven't got the email, it's the status on the article.

When I click on 'Submit to a HubPages network site' , it says, "This article is already being considered for LetterPile. Please wait for a decision from that site."

Could it be that it was rejected and they failed to update the status? I also checked my emails and I haven't gotten any update on this.

1. lobobrandon profile image88
        lobobrandonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, this is why I asked if the email is going to spam. Because the rejection or suggested changes could have gone there. But, since this is what the status says, I guess you should contact the team. I would if its been 4 months.

Thanks for your help! I guess I'll contact the team then.

3. Shesabutterfly profile image95
    Shesabutterflyposted 6 years ago

I have an article that is still waiting in the "editing" stage for Pethelpful. It's been in their queue for over 3 months now. It's not the first time this has happened but generally articles have not taken that long.

The one I submitted to Letterpile was accepted within a week or two. It did not need to be edited though, so I don't know what the expectation should be (for wait time) for articles they want edited or plan to edit themselves.

I have found if articles need to be edited they generally take much longer to get accepted and moved.

That's the thing though. I don't even know if it has to be edited or not. I didn't get any response.

I've sent a mail through the help section for now. Hoping to get some reply.

1. Teeuwynn Woodruff profile image90
        Teeuwynn Woodruffposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good luck. I hope you get your answer soon!

Hope so. Thanks! smile

1. liesl5858 profile image83
            liesl5858posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good luck Rafa. It seems a long time to be waiting for your article.

2. Shesabutterfly profile image95
        Shesabutterflyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You never received a thank you for your submission e-mail?

That's the only e-mail I received from an HP editor, but it explains that my article was accepted however it needs a few changes before it can be moved.. They never told me the changes it needs, but that it was moved into the editor que.

That's the only reason I know it needs edits. They never told me what I could do to update it and get it moved faster.

Good luck! I plan to try contacting an editor about mine as well if nothing comes from the few changes I'm going to make.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
          Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I never get an email when they accept a hub for a niche site. I just see it's been moved because most of them are listed on my Profile page.

If the team has a submission for more than a few days, write to team@hubpages.com to see what happened to it. I've had many discussions about what sites certain hubs belong on. They are the ones that get held up. I write a lot about astrology. But some of it is instructional and belongs in Exemplore. Some of it is fiction, and belongs in Letterpile. Some of it took so much research it ends up in Owlcation. This can take a lot of going back and forth to state your case and to be taken seriously.

1. Shesabutterfly profile image95
            Shesabutterflyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Do you get all other hp emails? I get an email any time an article is accepted or denied for a niche site. This goes for both articles I submit and the ones hp editors hand select.

My submission from Sunday has already been moved and I received an email yesterday telling me it was accepted. Sometimes I get 2 or 3 emails for the same article depending on if the editor makes changes. If no changes or edits are made I still get a notification about the move.

I cannot imagine not getting an email. Sure it's easy to see if an article gets moved, but I would not be okay with not being able to see any edits or knowing which site they put an article on right away.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
              Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No, I stopped getting an email that an article was accepted for a niche over a year ago. It's no big deal, I can see if it has been accepted on my profile page. I've had a lot of difficulty when fictional pieces and others were put on inappropriate niches, and don't think I'm a favorite of the administration.

Since my biggest niche is astrology, they tend to try to put everything there. But I've been studying it since I was 10 years old, formal classes at 21, and am still studying in my early 60s. So I am an expert in my field and have a home business casting horoscopes and tarot readings.

But I write about other metaphysical subjects; today a long one on reincarnation. It was heavily researched and is a religious belief, and belongs on Owlcation. I'll see what happens.

They said they hired a dozen new editors. What are they doing? It shouldn't be we can only submit two pieces monthly when many of us have so many hubs we wrote years ago. If they are evergreen, we'd like to move them and move on to writing new material. Why keep such a backlog? Everything I have is featured and always was. So why the wait?

4. Kenna McHugh profile image93
    Kenna McHughposted 6 years ago

Yes. It's time to contact the Team. They are there to help.

5. Titia profile image92
    Titiaposted 6 years ago

Normally moving hubs to Letterpile is a short trip, so I took a look at your hub and first thing I noticed was that none of the titles/subtitles are in the required APA capital. It amazed me that none of the commenters saw that, or they haven't even looked at your hub. I haven't read the whole piece, but I wondered where you got your photos from. Are they your own because none have been credited.

To capitalize your titles in the right way you can use this free program Capitalize my Title

I would do that first and then see what happens.

6. harrynielsen profile image91
    harrynielsenposted 6 years ago

The articles I submit to niche sites usually take a long time (at least 2 months) but usually come back accepted. Many get picked up right away (within 2 weeks) by niche sites, so it's best to wait a little bit before actually submitting.

7. Mary Florence profile image70
    Mary Florenceposted 6 years ago

It's usually better to submit and just forget about it. Let them respond when they wish and if not let it go.So long as it stays featured and I can submit a different article 14 days later I wouldn't bother about the article that I submitted yet never got a response.

8. Rafa Baxa profile image78
    Rafa Baxaposted 6 years ago

Hi all! Thanks for all your help!

I sent an email, and soon got a reply. LetterPile is for creative writing pieces only. They said my article is sent for editing and then I can submit it later for consideration to HobbyLark.

Titia, the images are under Creative Commons license, so they are free to use.

1. tony55 profile image86
      tony55posted 6 years agoin reply to this

My articles are usually accepted in just a few days. when submitting an article make sure you follow all the requirements stated in the submission process. The article should also fit with the niche of the sister site.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)