jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

A New comer - Please critique

1. Pristine profile image54
    Pristineposted 8 years ago

http://hubpages.com/hub/Breathing-Fear

This is my first hubpage. A prose poetry.

I would love to hear your feedback. Be it positive or negative, please help me to improve.

I dedicate my prose to Wole Soyinka. smile

2. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

Hello there, welcome to Hubpages. Just went through your Hub. Poetically speaking I am not qualified to judge you but technically there are huge room of improvement. For example;

1. Format of the content has to be improved. I know poetry is written in small lines but here there are some big gaps between them. Proper format will make you look like a professional writer and your readers would like to come back to you.

2. You have used bold font lot of time. Use them judiciously because they not only specify important points in your writings but they are important for search engines too. Do not over use it and do not make um-important words bold.

3. I do not see you using tags properly. Don't worry it is a common problem with all new comers. Tags are important. So make sure you define enough tags but do not over do it.

4. I do not see any photo capsule in use or maybe in poetry that is not required. I am not sure about that. But whenever required make sure that you use them. It makes Hubs interesting and readers will not find your Hub boring.

Hope this was helpful. let me know if you need some more help. Good luck!

1. Pristine profile image54
      Pristineposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hello sir

Thanks for your feedback. You point out loopholes, I should really work on. I will try and read few of Hubpages by poets, so that i get an idea smile Also, I will try to improve!

3. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

And yes one more thing, you should have asked this question in the forum "Extreme Hub makeover". This is not the right forum for these kinds of thread. There you will get more reviews on your Hub.

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I second that. You have been very helpful paperpack!

1. packerpack profile image61
        packerpackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thanks buddy

working