jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Idea for hubpages....

1. ryanpugs profile image60
    ryanpugsposted 6 days ago

Why doesn't hubpages integrate more closely with facebook?

When somebody answers a question on Quora it shares it automatically on that persons facebook feed (as they grant permission).

Could do something similar at hubpages, where a logged in user makes a comment on a hub or answers / asks a question on the Q&A....

.... Now I personally would opt out of this, I'm a very private person these days, but many wouldn't. It was this system which helped Quora to grow so rapidly. Goodreads and some others do similar, I'm forever seeing that a connection of mine has finished reading another book and left a rating.

What If I saw when a connection had commented on a hub, or answered a Q&A question?

Or would this be too difficult to implement in retrospect with an established user base, because those other companies sought 'permissions' at sign up from day dot?

Just an idea!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 days agoin reply to this

It's a good idea, although it makes me shudder big_smile We already give away so much information about ourselves.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 days ago

It might lead to facebook seeing homepages as spammy? IMHO Quora is a bot of a different creature to Hubpages--which is primarily a content site (farm and so has to be a bit careful).

1. ryanpugs profile image60
      ryanpugsposted 5 days agoin reply to this

Could do it just for the Q&A section? That's what Quora is, a Q&A site.

The quality on Quora has gone down a lot, a lot of self promotion and ESL types now.

3. Linda BookLady profile image82
    Linda BookLadyposted 5 days ago

I have Facebook pages, and would like to share my hubs directly to those pages when I click on the Facebook icon on a hub. But HP will only let me post to my personal timeline. Most blogs and news sites allow one to choose where to post: timeline, page, group, etc. ...

working