When I first came to Hubpages, I thought it was a place for just writing. I never imagine it is a place for community interaction.
A year plus down the line, I had realized Hubpages is a great people to connect with people from countries around the world. I have also learn about some countries, their political problem, their people and interesting places. That got me dreaming of visiting some of them someday.
Okay! Enough of the stories.
I actually thought knowing how many countries are represented on Hubpages could be a great thing. I decided to create this thread so that people can tell us 3 interesting facts about their country.
This is how it goes!
The name of your country and then 3 interesting thing about it.
Can we go people?
Yes, I think we can!
1. Nigeria has of 250 ethnic groups and cultures. And the Tiv Tsuwetsele dance also known in English as Tiv Cat Dance as the most fascinating cultural dance around the world.
2. Nigeria has the largest butterfly diversity in the world
The areas that surround Calabar, Cross River State, located in the country’s southern region, are widely believed to harbor the largest diversity of butterflies in the world.
3. Nigeria has one of the earliest Civilization in the world
According to evidence from archaeological sites and discoveries, Nigeria has a history of human existence that has been dated back as far as 9000 BC. The Nok civilization is the earliest civilization in the country, which took place around 500 BC up to 200 AD.
a multi national country- Chinese, Muslims, Christians, Tamil, Eurasian, Sikhs
different culture and festivals to celebrate all year round
has the most public holidays in the world
I also read Malaysia is a large producer of palm oil. Stories have it that they took the palm or Kernel seed from Nigeria some years back and had transformed it into a National crop because of their industriousness and innovation.
I don't know how true those stories are anyway. Peachpurple, do you have any information on that?
Plus, I love holidays and festivals. I think Malaysia will be a good fit for me.
Thanks for sharing with us.
We have a lot of small mountains.
We have more sheep than people.
Roald Dahl was Welsh.
Thanks for sharing Theraggededge,
The Wales must be a beautiful place I guess. I love places with mountains, hills and valleys. The landscapes are always beautiful and climbing a mountain to look down on the valley can be inspiring.
Do you have rivers in the Wales? I could love to know if there are fishes too.
Thanks! Thanks! And thanks so much for sharing!
The United States is a large place, but I will speak only for my state of Idaho.
People outside this state think we're known mainly for potato farming. But there's so much more to this state.
1. The largest industry here is science and technology including the Idaho National Laboratory, which is the largest Department of Energy facility in the country. Science and technology businesses account for more than 25% of the state's revenue; this exceeds all agricultural, mining, and forestry income, combined.
2. The largest contiguous area of protected wilderness in the USA is in Idaho. It is called the "Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness Area."
3. Idaho has 107,651 miles of rivers and streams according to river.gov and is a popular location for river rafting, kayaking, and other water sports.
Can I add that Idaho (my state, too) has:
1) the deepest canyon in North America in Hells canyon?
2) The largest single structure sand dune in North America at the observatory (open to the public on weekends) at Bruneau Dunes State Park?
3) It is positively covered with outdoor recreation, from camping to hiking to water sports to snow skiing.
Wow! The United State is one of the countries I love so much. I read it's home to dreams and dreamers are always welcome.
I hear lot daily about the Washington State because of its political role. I'm aware of Idaho though with little information.
Thanks for giving me insight into the State of Idaho. Really fascinating information because of science and technology.
Of course, the river aspect also fascinates because I am was brought up in a riverine area. I love fishing and still do fish whenever I visit my small village, Odeke.
Perhaps, I could include Idaho on my wish-list and fishing as one of adventure to embark upon. Hahaha...Thanks for Linda Booklady.
by Glen6 years ago
Ryan Kett posted a link on another thread, but I thought I'd highlight a few points in a thread all its own.Here's four interesting facts about HubPages:- We have the largest collection of poets online.- We have plans...
by dishyum6 years ago
# The Sun is 330,000 times larger than the Earth.# The moons of all other planets in the solar system are named after Greek gods, except for those of Uranus, which are named after Shakespearean characters.Got more?
by Castlepaloma6 years ago
I thought Blame Canada was hilarious movie and the main cause of that war was Jewish women did not appreciated Canadian humour and Sadam had a romantic affair with Satan. I can think of many more fake reasons for the US...
by Mustafa Khursheed8 days ago
I support a sustainable two state solution that both can live with. I hope such a thing exists.
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.