jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Sharing Interesting Facts about Countries of the World

1. Endy Noble profile image65
    Endy Nobleposted 4 days ago

Hello Everyone,

When I first came to Hubpages, I thought it was a place for just writing. I never imagine it is a place for community interaction.
    A year plus down the line, I had realized Hubpages is a great people to connect with people from countries around the world. I have also learn about some countries, their political problem, their people and interesting places. That got me dreaming of visiting some of them someday.

Okay! Enough of the stories.

I actually thought knowing how many countries are represented on Hubpages could be a great thing. I decided to create this thread so that people can tell us 3 interesting facts about their country.

This is how it goes!

The name of your country and then 3 interesting thing about it.

Can we go people?
    Yes, I think we can!
    I start:

Nigeria

1. Nigeria has of 250 ethnic groups and cultures. And the Tiv Tsuwetsele dance also known in English as Tiv Cat Dance as the most fascinating cultural dance around the world.

2. Nigeria has the largest butterfly diversity in the world
    The areas that surround Calabar, Cross River State, located in the country’s southern region, are widely believed to harbor the largest diversity of butterflies in the world.

3. Nigeria has one of the earliest Civilization in the world
    According to evidence from archaeological sites and discoveries, Nigeria has a history of human existence that has been dated back as far as 9000 BC. The Nok civilization is the earliest civilization in the country, which took place around 500 BC up to 200 AD.

1. peachpurple profile image76
      peachpurpleposted 3 days agoin reply to this

Malaysia

a multi national country- Chinese, Muslims, Christians, Tamil, Eurasian, Sikhs
      different culture and festivals to celebrate all year round
      has the most public holidays in the world

Endy Nobleposted 3 days agoin reply to this

I also read Malaysia is a large producer of palm oil. Stories have it that they took the palm or Kernel seed from Nigeria some years back and had transformed it into a National crop because of their industriousness and innovation.

I don't know how true those stories are anyway. Peachpurple, do you have any information on that?

Plus, I love holidays and festivals. I think Malaysia will be a good fit for me.
        Thanks for sharing with us.

2. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 4 days ago

Wales.

We have a lot of small mountains.

We have more sheep than people.

Roald Dahl was Welsh.

Thanks for sharing Theraggededge,
      The Wales must be a beautiful place I guess. I love places with mountains, hills and valleys. The landscapes are always beautiful and climbing a mountain to look down on the valley can be inspiring.

Do you have rivers in the Wales? I could love to know if there are fishes too.

Thanks! Thanks! And thanks so much for sharing!

3. Linda BookLady profile image82
    Linda BookLadyposted 4 days ago

The United States is a large place, but I will speak only for my state of Idaho.

People outside this state think we're known mainly for potato farming. But there's so much more to this state.

1. The largest industry here is science and technology including the Idaho National Laboratory, which is the largest Department of Energy facility in the country. Science and technology businesses account for more than 25% of the state's revenue; this exceeds all agricultural, mining, and forestry income, combined.

2. The largest contiguous area of protected wilderness in the USA is in Idaho. It is called the "Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness Area."

3. Idaho has 107,651 miles of rivers and streams according to river.gov and is a popular location for river rafting, kayaking, and other water sports.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 days agoin reply to this

Can I add that Idaho (my state, too) has:

1) the deepest canyon in North America in Hells canyon? 

2) The largest single structure sand dune in North America at the observatory (open to the public on weekends) at Bruneau Dunes State Park? 

3) It is positively covered with outdoor recreation, from camping to hiking to water sports to snow skiing.

Talk of recreation you have me body and soul. Idaho must be truly blessed and a great State to be.

Thanks for the addition Wliderness!
        Idaho is already on my wish-list!

2. Endy Noble profile image65

Wow! The United State is one of the countries I love so much. I read it's home to dreams and dreamers are always welcome.

I hear lot daily about the Washington State because of its political role. I'm aware of Idaho though with little information.

Thanks for giving me insight into the State of Idaho. Really fascinating information because of science and technology.

Of course, the river aspect also fascinates because I am was brought up in a riverine area. I love fishing and still do fish whenever I visit my small village, Odeke.

Perhaps, I could include Idaho on my wish-list and fishing as one of adventure to embark upon. Hahaha...Thanks for Linda Booklady.

working