When I first came to Hubpages, I thought it was a place for just writing. I never imagine it is a place for community interaction.
A year plus down the line, I had realized Hubpages is a great people to connect with people from countries around the world. I have also learn about some countries, their political problem, their people and interesting places. That got me dreaming of visiting some of them someday.
Okay! Enough of the stories.
I actually thought knowing how many countries are represented on Hubpages could be a great thing. I decided to create this thread so that people can tell us 3 interesting facts about their country.
This is how it goes!
The name of your country and then 3 interesting thing about it.
Can we go people?
Yes, I think we can!
1. Nigeria has of 250 ethnic groups and cultures. And the Tiv Tsuwetsele dance also known in English as Tiv Cat Dance as the most fascinating cultural dance around the world.
2. Nigeria has the largest butterfly diversity in the world
The areas that surround Calabar, Cross River State, located in the country’s southern region, are widely believed to harbor the largest diversity of butterflies in the world.
3. Nigeria has one of the earliest Civilization in the world
According to evidence from archaeological sites and discoveries, Nigeria has a history of human existence that has been dated back as far as 9000 BC. The Nok civilization is the earliest civilization in the country, which took place around 500 BC up to 200 AD.
a multi national country- Chinese, Muslims, Christians, Tamil, Eurasian, Sikhs
different culture and festivals to celebrate all year round
has the most public holidays in the world
I also read Malaysia is a large producer of palm oil. Stories have it that they took the palm or Kernel seed from Nigeria some years back and had transformed it into a National crop because of their industriousness and innovation.
I don't know how true those stories are anyway. Peachpurple, do you have any information on that?
Plus, I love holidays and festivals. I think Malaysia will be a good fit for me.
Thanks for sharing with us.
We have a lot of small mountains.
We have more sheep than people.
Roald Dahl was Welsh.
Thanks for sharing Theraggededge,
The Wales must be a beautiful place I guess. I love places with mountains, hills and valleys. The landscapes are always beautiful and climbing a mountain to look down on the valley can be inspiring.
Do you have rivers in the Wales? I could love to know if there are fishes too.
Thanks! Thanks! And thanks so much for sharing!
The United States is a large place, but I will speak only for my state of Idaho.
People outside this state think we're known mainly for potato farming. But there's so much more to this state.
1. The largest industry here is science and technology including the Idaho National Laboratory, which is the largest Department of Energy facility in the country. Science and technology businesses account for more than 25% of the state's revenue; this exceeds all agricultural, mining, and forestry income, combined.
2. The largest contiguous area of protected wilderness in the USA is in Idaho. It is called the "Frank Church-River of No Return Wilderness Area."
3. Idaho has 107,651 miles of rivers and streams according to river.gov and is a popular location for river rafting, kayaking, and other water sports.
Can I add that Idaho (my state, too) has:
1) the deepest canyon in North America in Hells canyon?
2) The largest single structure sand dune in North America at the observatory (open to the public on weekends) at Bruneau Dunes State Park?
3) It is positively covered with outdoor recreation, from camping to hiking to water sports to snow skiing.
Wow! The United State is one of the countries I love so much. I read it's home to dreams and dreamers are always welcome.
I hear lot daily about the Washington State because of its political role. I'm aware of Idaho though with little information.
Thanks for giving me insight into the State of Idaho. Really fascinating information because of science and technology.
Of course, the river aspect also fascinates because I am was brought up in a riverine area. I love fishing and still do fish whenever I visit my small village, Odeke.
Perhaps, I could include Idaho on my wish-list and fishing as one of adventure to embark upon. Hahaha...Thanks for Linda Booklady.
Tell us something about your country. Interesting fact about places or persons will be a great fit.
Please let your country be represented!
- The Language, Cusine, Culture, Attire of people vary from state to state and even among different regions of the state. An experience of diversity in every bit.
- There are some Protected Areas/States especially in the North East part of India where not just the foreigners but even Indians need government-issued permit to travel. These areas have been home to various indigenous tribes.
- Finally, the obsession with religion and festivities.
Thanks AshutoshJoshi06 for sharing with us some interesting facts about your country.
I have read in text that Indians are good in pharmaceuticals.
Plus, their well develop agriculture.
Your sharing here is an added knowledge.
Thanks for stopping by.
by Michelle Liew 5 years ago
What are some interesting facts about the rivers of the world?
by Glen 7 years ago
Ryan Kett posted a link on another thread, but I thought I'd highlight a few points in a thread all its own.Here's four interesting facts about HubPages:- We have the largest collection of poets online.- We have plans to host our own video platform because it will give us more control over...
by Michelle Simtoco 10 years ago
I had a barrel of laughs with this one. His paper costumes are simply amazing. Do watch. Have a wonderfully interesting week ahead of you. Enjoy... http://ripplemakers.blogspot.com/2008/1 … quick.html
by The stallion 2 years ago
People all over the world think that we Pakistanis are all terrorists. I beg to differ! I know that recently there have been quite a few terrorist activities around the world which were supposedly associated with Pakistan. Even if a few Pakistanis were associated with these activities, why is the...
by dishyum 7 years ago
# The Sun is 330,000 times larger than the Earth.# The moons of all other planets in the solar system are named after Greek gods, except for those of Uranus, which are named after Shakespearean characters.Got more?
by Ana Maria Orantes 4 months ago
Now Medicare gets involve with other health insurance’s companies Call your Medicare program and find an agent that can help you with Obama’s health care program to get more . It is for people over 65. Is it a good idea.?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|