jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Understanding the process for newly published hubs

1. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 5 weeks ago

So I've written and published my first hub in about 6 years - Yay!

It's not my usual kind of hub as it's topical.

It's about Harvey Weinstein and some reasons why 2/3 of people don't report sexual crimes.

I'm hoping it's going to get approved quickly because I wrote it to share with the dumbasses asking why women have waited so long to come forward alongside similarly stupid responses....how long does it normally take to get approved?

Can I link to it in the meantime or is that a silly idea?

What's the deal with it going to another site? Does that happen immediately or do I have to do something?

It has no ads which I thought might happen but I'm hoping I might be able to get them reinstated as I've seen other similar hubs with ads on them.

Thanks smile

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

It's up to two days now. I believe I once I waited for close to three. Then another recent one of mine was approved within a few hours.

You can submit to a niche site as soon as it is approved, but not before. My recent ones are sometimes snatched away within a day or two, and sometimes only after I've submitted them.

1. Susana S profile image96
        Susana Sposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks for that Wesman!

It's going to be hard to wait...I get excited (and anxious) when I write something new.

Do I need to work out which niche site it would be most suitable for or do they do that bit?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image99
          Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

If you submit you have to pick one, but whoever is on the other end seeing the submission would know if you submitted to the wrong site, and reroute the request.

I believe this is soapboxie material, but I could be mistaken about that.

2. Venkatachari M profile image81
          Venkatachari Mposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

It is interesting to know that you are submitting after a gap of six years. So, all others were previous to two years before that six years gap! I am afraid I am not publishing regularly after I crossed 36 hubs. So, it doesn't matter until you are active at Q&A,  forums, and reading other hubs.

My hubs used to get featured within 8 to 10 hours after my clicking of the "Publish" button on the general HP site. I don't know about niche sites as I do not have any.

Even if you don't submit for niche sites, they will be transferring them automatically to related niche sites. But, it may take some time. If you have Adsense, ads will be automatically there once it gets featured.

3. Venkatachari M profile image81
          Venkatachari Mposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

One more point. You can share it with others on social media sites by linking to the URL of it even before it gets featured at HP.

working