jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (18 posts)

Which has been your most successful move to increase traffic?

1. srirad0675 profile image84
    srirad0675posted 4 weeks ago

Let's share our success stories and grow together.

1. PageBeard profile image86
      PageBeardposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I haven't been around for awhile but i'm looking to get back into it.  I first started writing about things that interested me but were quite common.  I was generating very few views.

I suffer from arthritis and thought I would write an article on it and my traffic shot up.  It is not a topic I am really interested in but others were. 

I'm starting to think that picking topics that are rare or non existing will by default give you traffic.

I also think possibly writing about current trends and events might give you some traffic as its popular in the moment.

For me I am stuck with "do I write about many different types of topics" or "write about one thing and become the expert on it"?

Any advice to that question would be great!

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Now that we have the niche sites up and running, it doesn't matter if you write about one thing or a variety of things because those hubs that pass muster will be moved to niche sites anyhow.

Also, you need to write on evergreen topics.  Topics that are just briefly popular don't hold their views.  Also, writing about vague topics isn't a good idea either.

You need to write about topics that provide information that people are looking for or answer questions that they have.  Then you can expect to garner some traffic.

2. NateB11 profile image95
      NateB11posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I agree that search engine friendly titles are key.

3. chef-de-jour profile image98
      chef-de-jourposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

What has been key for me: Providing in-depth articles on a single topic with simple but spot on titles.
      You have to hook your reader by:
      i) concentrating on a subject you know thoroughly
      ii) getting right into subject from the start, bringing unique insights
      iii) providing extra, quality information that will out-perform your rivals.
      iv) never giving up, learning as you go.

Naturally, you have to write well, be grammar smart and design your hubs to look smooth. I see that you write travel articles - you would have to be very competitive in this field - with more quality content and some informative personal experiences. Best of luck.

srirad0675posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you.

2. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image99
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 4 weeks ago

The single move that has helped me to increase traffic most is constantly updating my hub titles to reflect search engine trends.

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 4 weeks ago

Frequently updating and adding sections of content.

1. janshares profile image97
      jansharesposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

+1 Yes, updating every 2 months.

4. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 weeks ago

The best way to get traffic is to write Hubs that get accepted to the niche sites.

5. Mamerto profile image91
    Mamertoposted 4 weeks ago

For now I'm yet the master the SEO stuff, so I'm relying on facebook and reddit.

6. MomsTreasureChest profile image87
    MomsTreasureChestposted 3 weeks ago

Sharing on social media and writing hubs that are accepted to the HubPages niche sites.

7. lovetherain profile image82
    lovetherainposted 3 weeks ago

Writing about topics that absolutely no one is interested in reading but me.

Just kidding.

8. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 3 weeks ago

Tapping into everyday human nature issues that get under our skin, that are not necessarily solvable, but keep us searching for solutions. Evergreen articles keep on giving.

srirad0675posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you.

9. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 3 weeks ago

Evergreen content! Yes, it can be updated periodically when new information comes out, but evergreen is best.

The right blend of SEO and great storytelling.  I can smell a keyword stuffed article a mile away and so can most readers.  There's an art to writing engaging content that is also search engine optimized.  I am always practicing and tweaking this technique here and on my own niche sites/blogs.

I use Google trends alerts around my niche subjects.  This helps me identify trending topics.  You can write mostly evergreen content around trending topics. 

I create Pinterest friendly graphics for my hubs and blog posts and manage several top boards around my favorite subject areas.  Pinterest has been very good to me because I don't spam with it, I actually use it and share a lot of things.  As a result, a lot of my boards rank in Google too. 

Facebook groups - but you have to be actively involved and participating - not just posting stuff or you'll upset the other members.   

So many people don't know the fine line between acceptable promotion and spamming and it hurts all of us sadly.

10. srirad0675 profile image84
    srirad0675posted 3 weeks ago

Thank you.

11. LiliMarlene profile image90
    LiliMarleneposted 3 weeks ago

The niche sites increased my income and I figured out to search for the topic I have in mind on hubpages before I begin planning my article.which guarantees that my hubs are unique.

working