jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: Beliefs and Superstitions in the Philippines...

1. eirofficial3112 profile image77
    eirofficial3112posted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article Beliefs and Superstitions in the Philippines and the Truth about Them. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Jeremy Gill profile image97
    Jeremy Gillposted 3 weeks ago

Here are my ideas:

1) Reword awkward sentences like "... there are also those which sound ridiculous that we often laugh it off" and "a person is born blind or he has any visual impairment conditions"
    2) Capitalize key words in your headings (like you did in your title).
    3). Make sure grammar matches up. For instance, correct the plural-singular discrepancy here: "We tend to say that superstitions are a thing of the past, without even looking at its value." In other words, change "its" to "their".

I enjoyed this read more than most articles that ask for help, and I'm confident the right tweaks will get it featured.

eirofficial3112posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thanks. I really appreciate the help.

3. eirofficial3112 profile image77

I tried doing what you've suggested though I'm not so sure if I've corrected all the grammatical errors. Still, the article remains unfeatured.

I have one speculation on why my article remains unfeatured. It might have been way underdeveloped. Do you think I need to add more contents?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image97
      Jeremy Gillposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

You've made progress, but a quick skim revealed some lingering errors, like "So if you’re sleepy and is hesitant to take a bath at night in the fear of losing your eyesight, leave those doubts behind."

What's your word count? If it's less than 800, raising it to around 1000 may help.

Word count is 1112. I'll follow what you've suggested first and do a thorough editing,

Thanks for your help again.

4. chasmac profile image96
    chasmacposted 3 weeks ago

Ok - Here's a couple:

Though some of the superstitions are very convincing, there are also those which sounds unlikely that we often make jokes out of them.

Change "sounds unlikely that..." to "sound so unlikely that..."

Change "a wet hair" to "wet hair". Hair is uncountable in this context, so you can't use "a".

Thanks for the help. I'll try to change those you've mentioned.

5. eirofficial3112 profile image77

UPDATE: Finally! The article has been featured!

I really appreciate all the suggestions you've made guys. Thank you so much.

working