jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Unpublished as Overly Promotional

1. beagrie profile image97
    beagrieposted 5 months ago

Hello all,

So I've just had a hub unpublished on first review for being overly promotional due to having 3 links to the same domain, and I had a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to answer.

The links were all image sources. I write many hubs about automatic transmissions because I fix them for a living, and as such I have the opportunity to take pictures of transmissions and related parts at my place of work. I credit my work as the source of those pictures (it seemed fair). So my questions are this;

Firstly, how should I go about this? Not credit the source in every picture? Just not put a link in the source in every picture? Not use all pictures from the same source?

Secondly, I have have written a lot of hubs on transmissions and a few of them have all their images sourced (and credited) to my place of work. Should I worry about those being pulled down now?

Thirdly, and related to the above, why did those previous hubs get published and not this one? Have the guidelines been tweaked recently or was this just a subjective decision by whoever checked the hub?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm not complaining I just want to avoid having hubs taken down.

Thanks!

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago

I'm guessing they just didn't notice.  It's an easy fix. Just state the Source in each photo capsule, but leave the Source  URL blank. Then add a single photo credit at the end of the Hub with the hyperlink.

1. beagrie profile image97
      beagrieposted 5 months agoin reply to this

That was my thinking but I just wanted to get some second opinions. Since writing that post I noticed one other hub had been marked with violations for the same reason. I've done what you suggested on those and a bunch of others. Thanks Marisa.

3. bernicestockstill profile image45
    bernicestockstillposted 5 months ago

hmmm, wel that is pretty interesting as for me

4. tritrain profile image86
    tritrainposted 5 months ago

You should be fine just naming the source.

working