jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Sharing Content

1. HoneyBB profile image97
    HoneyBBposted 4 weeks ago

Is it okay to share a link to our hub on facebook and promote our hub through facebook advertising?

1. cam8510 profile image98
      cam8510posted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

I do that very thing on my FaceBook Page For Freelance Writers. I share my hubs and promote them with a moderate amount of advertising dollars.

HoneyBBposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Thank you, I'm glad you said it was alright because I went ahead and tried it. haha. Just a small amount to hopefully get my article circulating some.

cam8510posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I used it to promote fiction. I went into it knowing it would not be profitable. My reason for doing this occasionally is to get my name out to more people so that when I publish, I will have an immediate market. That FB group is only 131, but when I promote, I reach thousands around the world. I have gotten some feedback as well. So I suppose it depends on what you mean by profitable. In the long run, even with fiction, it may be profitable.

Thanks Cam, I gave it a shot so I'll see how it goes. I'm already getting notifications that people are liking my article so that's good...hopefully, I start seeing that people are sharing it...that would be awesome!

cam8510posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Pinterest also has this kind of program, but I haven't used it or even looked at the detials. Good luck with the promotion on FB.

Thanks again, if this works out maybe I'll look into pinterest too.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 weeks ago

Permitted but probably not profitable.

Thanks for your reply, I wonder if it will turn out to be profitable or not. I think since things are picking up a bit it's not a bad time to give it a test run to see if I end earning more than I put out.

3. tritrain profile image83
    tritrainposted 3 weeks ago

If you have a lot of followers/friends it could be good.  Or, if you have a group.  Just be very careful how often and how you share the links.  Apparently once per week was too much for one person and Facebook penalized them.

Thanks tritrain, I have been extremely cautious with sharing for that reason that you stated; however, I'm so cautious I don't get enough views because nobody knows my articles exist except for my google traffic. Anyhow, what I'm talking about is sharing my article on facebook and paying for their advertising boost of my post...that way they are the ones sharing my article with others ... not me...so I'm sure I won't get penalized for that. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

4. Dishant Varshney profile image80
    Dishant Varshneyposted 3 weeks ago

FB, now-a-days, has become a great source to reach your audience. So, I think, it's good to share your content on social websites. Good Luck!

Thanks Dishant, Good luck to you too!

working