sharing article

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Sadaka Ahmed profile image64
    Sadaka Ahmedposted 10 months ago

where I can share my articles?

1. Jan Stepan profile image92
      Jan Stepanposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Quite literally anywhere you want, Sadaka. However, do not have too high expectations. Most traffic (at least for me) is coming from search engines.

Sometimes I manage to share some of my articles in the right place at the right time and get some extra readers through that, but otherwise, optimizing for search engines is the way to go here.

2. Justine Guiao profile image93
    Justine Guiaoposted 10 months ago

To any social media you have access with.

3. Drew Agravante profile image97
    Drew Agravanteposted 10 months ago

Pinterest works great for me.

1. Khanmaria12 profile image46
      Khanmaria12posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Hello. I have Pinterest account and added my articles there. Is it important to have followers on Pinterest too?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
        PaulGoodman67posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Pinterest works well for certain topics. Only a small minority of my own material does okay there.

If you do well at Pinterest, you will naturally pick up followers. The thing with all the social media is that you have to engage regularly over the months and years, sometimes it's worth the effort but often it's not.

4. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 10 months ago

Thanks

5. Sadaka Ahmed profile image64

I don't have Pinterest

6. Sadaka Ahmed profile image64

Thanks Brenda

7. Zeron87 profile image95
    Zeron87posted 5 months ago

Yeah, social media is the best way to go.  I got my boost on Facebook... But the friends I shared my links with were already known in the community I wrote for.

8. Gregory DeVictor profile image96
    Gregory DeVictorposted 5 months ago

My American nostalgia articles on Hobbylark do surprisingly well at Pinterest. However, my articles on ToughNickel have never done well there at all.

9. Bills Place profile image85
    Bills Placeposted 5 months ago

Gregory, that's interesting. My best article is on ToughNickel and most of the traffic has been from Pinterest 3800/4,000 views in last 30 days).

It seemed to have a "viral" day a few years ago, and ever since, it's got a steady 150-200 views per day. Now, if I could get my other Hubs to do the same.

Sadaka - I usually share my Hubs to Pinterest, and Facebook and spam a few friends when I post a new one. On Facebook, search Hubpage groups, can't say if they help or not but can't hurt as it's still a backlink, I suppose.

I've also tried sharing on Reddit and answering questions on Quora. Regardless of what I do, the article I was talking about above still remains the daily winner. sad

Hello, maybe I don't know how to use Pinterest. I just created pins there and left. Don't know what to do next,Lol. Can you guide me about using Pinterest to get views?

There are lots of good guides that you can find through searching, also on Youtube. You have to stay engaged and keep pinning.

I still don't know if it's worth it, though, for the average hubber. I get 23,000 impressions/month on Pinterest but it only translates to a measly 10 outbound clicks per day, which is what actually counts.

The Pinterest crowd is fairly specific and the scope is relatively narrow. I think the people who do okay there fit what the demographic are looking for, e.g, craft-based skills or home design tips.

It's not that hard to find out what's popular on Pinterest with a little research. But then you actually need the written articles to fit the demand.

The time-consuming thing is making good pins and doing a text description that's both appealing for searchers and algo-friendly for Pinterest.

I think to have real success, it's probably best to orientate everything around what works at Pinterest, writing articles specifically catered to Pinterest.

I suspect that only your recipes will have any chance of working at Pinterest and they may well just get lost in the crowd.

PS I followed you on Pinterest.

Thanks. I was not active there n didn't know that you have to keep pinning. I will search on YouTube definitely about it. I am researching on keywords too. And thanks for following

Your recipes might be the only pins that stand a chance of gaining traction at Pinterest.

I think we all welcome followers.

Thanks for the follow!

As you can see, ten HP views/day isn't really much considering the sheer number of pins I have. I think the main issue is that the info and social stuff like what's published on Owlcation and Soapboxie just isn't suited to Pinterest.

Pinterest has a mainly female audience and things like interior design and fashion work well, as well as household tips and crafts etc.

The question: does Pinterest work for generating traffic is actually much more complicated than a yes/no answer. It depends on WHAT you're pinning and how much time you're dedicating to interacting with the site.

HP themselves used to be very active at pinning writers' articles and encouraged us to create and use Pinterest-friendly images for the top images on our articles. The fact that they no longer pin and have changed their advice on images suggests that they no longer see Pinterest as the big traffic generator that they once did.

Okay, but little traffic means a lot new writers like me so I need to do some effort. And thanks for telling me actual use of Pinterest. I was not active, just created boards and left. Now am learning how to use it properly

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)