jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

I want to write a guide for a game that hasn't been released yet.

1. poppyr profile image98
    poppyrposted 5 months ago

Hi, everyone. I'm halfway through writing the explanation for the ending of Yakuza 6: The Song of Life. It came out in December 2016 in Japan and I've finished it twice so decided to write an article about it. However I found that it isn't out yet in the rest of the world until March 2018.

Do you think it'd be OK to release it now, hopefully have it moved to LevelSkip and ready for March and beyond when people in western countries start playing it, or should I wait until March to publish it? Of course, there are English speaking people in Japan who have played it, and probably die-hard fans in the USA, etc who ordered the Japanese version.

I'm worried HubPages might reject it as it contains some spoilers (as it's a plot explanation, this is difficult to avoid).

Thanks for your thoughts!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Yep, it's perfectly ok to publish content ahead of the release of the subject matter, and I agree that it's also a good idea. English-speaking fans who have gotten their hands on a Japanese copy like you might be looking for this information already, and it will be good to be one of the earliest guides when the game is out in North America. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago

YES I think it would be great to publish now.  Hubs can take time to rank and you have the chance to get the jump on the competition. 

It's a pity HubPages doesn't have a <spoiler> feature like Goodreads.

poppyrposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Thanks, Marisa! I was thinking that too. I've added in the summary that it contains spoilers, so should be all right. Thank you, dear big_smile

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image90
        Ivan Hernandezposted 5 months agoin reply to this

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but congrats to poppyr and Marissa for getting 100 or high 90s in their hubberscores. And Poppy, i do see that you are finally publishing hubs about unreleased games. I published a hub about an unreleased game. It took a lot of time. My article started out unpublished due to it being overly promotional. As time went on, I improved my hub, with help, until finally, my hub was moved to LevelSkip. The website title wasn't perfect, but it was good enough to make the cut.

Thanks for the congrats, Erick. How did you write the guide if the game wasn’t out yet?

1. Renderbug profile image87
            Renderbugposted 5 months agoin reply to this

My money's on a review copy. review copies are wonderful things for reviewers. :3

2. Ivan Hernandez profile image90
            Ivan Hernandezposted 5 months agoin reply to this

It was The Universim

3. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 5 months ago

As Marisa pointed out, this is the best time to publish it. Good luck smile

Thanks Brandon smile

4. Renderbug profile image87
    Renderbugposted 5 months ago

Though other people have already given you good advice, I want to chime in and also say that yes, it's totally okay... with the caveat that you didn't get a review copy with the stipulation that you not talk about it until a certain date. If it's just one you bought and played and it just so happens that the North American release date hasn't happened yet, then it's fair game, especially if you say that you're covering the Japanese release and that there may be changes to the North American version (always good to cover your bases when it comes to stuff like this, especially with game companies issuing more takedown notices for things they feel shouldn't be out there or shouldn't be out of their control).

Nice point, thanks Adrian smile

working