jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Transferring articles from one account to another

1. Lady Lorelei profile image86
    Lady Loreleiposted 3 weeks ago

I am closing down one hubpage account and transferring some of those articles over to another Hub account. I have deleted them, deindexted them on Google, and waiting for them to be removed from the Hub directory. Can we email hub staff still if we have issues? I couldn't find a link to them for this.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

What issues are you referring to?  If you still have another HP account, you can always email them using that one.

One word of warning.  By deleting, de indexing and waiting you open yourself to plagiarists.  If they steal your hubs, you'll have not one leg to stand on legally.  Just sayin'

2. Lady Lorelei profile image86
    Lady Loreleiposted 3 weeks ago

I just checked for plagiarism and found only one article had been so that one was sent a DMCA. The 3 I am transferring are clean. The account now shows as empty because I have unpublished everything on it.

I'm not sure what the issue was last time but a couple years ago when I went to transfer one it was declined. I wrote them and explained I was transferring it and they approved it. I am just worried in case that happens again.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

I've moved a one or two and had no problems at all. I did the same as you - closed the other account down about 10 days ago. I'm just giving it a couple of weeks before I start re-releasing them. There were 69 hubs left there. I reckon only about half of them are good enough to republish.

Not worried about them having been copied. If that's the case, I'll DMCA the thieves and rewrite the article.

The email address is team@hubpages.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

How can you DMCA if it's no longer published?

Lady Loreleiposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Marisa you go to the Wayback machine and send that in. It shows the date your article was live. I have used it a few times on DMCAs.

2. Lady Lorelei profile image86

Thank you.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Once you delete a hub, there is no way to file a DMCA for it if someone steals it.

Wayback Machine. I have used it and had articles removed this way. If you want your articles saved there you can do that too. Just carry the url over and paste it there. Then you always have a permanent copy of your article.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks agoin reply to this

Just be aware that not every webpage is on the Wayback machine.

working